What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When we move into a house in the very near future, I'll send you a request for a truckload of these things. Much obliged ;)

Let me know when you're ready. I've been passing these things out like candy !

As soon as I have more room and time for plants I'll be going after Australian dews and utrics, these things are beautiful, great growing here!

Dazzling, as always. It is difficult to say which I like the most! The D. magna is beautiful and looks a lot like D. macrophylla to me.

Dazzling, as always. It is difficult to say which I like the most! The D. magna is beautiful and looks a lot like D. macrophylla to me.

Thanks Mark ! D.magna only resembles plants like D.macrophylla and D.monantha at this stage. Once fully opened, the leaves of D.magna are shorter, wider and much more rounded. It's undeniably my favorite species in the squamosa complex ...... and as a bonus, it produces daughter tubers much more readily than other closely related plants.

Drosera auriculata

Drosera basifolia

Drosera gracilis

Drosera hookeri and Pterostylis curta

Drosera lowriei "Type"

Drosera lowriei "Giant"

Drosera aff. macrantha - "Swamp Form"

Drosera magna

Drosera modesta (left) and Drosera menziesii (right)

Drosera modesta

Drosera menziesii

Drosera monantha

Drosera peltata

Drosera platypoda

Drosera prostrata

Drosera porrecta - Northern Form - The flowers are strongly jasmine scented like some other members of the stolonifera complex.

Drosera purpurascens

Drosera ramellosa

Drosera rosulata

Drosera rupicola

Drosera subhirtella

Drosera zigzagia - The flowers are faintly sweet smelling.

Last edited:
Awesome update. I always enjoy looking at the tuberous dews!

This thread is always a treat for my eyes, but gives me ideas I haven't the room for:-( platypoda is a beaut

Australia sure produces some interesting plants.

I love the redness and big pink flowers on the D. menziesii. That Drosera basifolia is quite the wild and crazy thing. Wonderful update. :)

I love the redness and big pink flowers on the D. menziesii. That Drosera basifolia is quite the wild and crazy thing. Wonderful update. :)

Yes, D.menziesii is quite flamboyant. A flowering mini forest of them can be one of the nicest CP displays to be found. I have no clue what that other D.basifolia tuber decided to do this year. I'm just hoping that every one of those plantlets ends up producing a tuber of it's own this summer.

Hi Cthulhu - They look pretty darn happy! I wouldn't mind being a tuberous dew that found its way into your collection; seems like a pretty cushy life. :D Many of your staked species look like they are further along than mine. Though I had an oddly slow start the to season here. It was so warm out late, I could get the grow room cool enough to get them chugging along. They've picked up now though, but I'm hoping for a slow spring to give them a full season.

Thanks for the compliment. This has been a weird year for my plants for sure. Since my tuberous and South African winter growing stuff is in the basement up against a wall, they weren't affected too badly but I'm having a terrible year for pygmy Drosera. They're only just now starting to produce gemmae when on normal years, I have plenty by October.

Hi Cthulhu - I'm glad I'm not the only one having a bit of an odd season. Sorry to hear about the pygmies. I've let most of mine go in the past couple years. I do love that group though!

Gosh these are great

D. menziesii, a gift from Mr. myob (thank you!):
menzesii-dslr1.jpg

Just wanted to mention that I just updated the care sheet at the beginning of this thread to include some techniques for growing Tuberous Drosera from seed.

Back