What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NECPS show is drawing close! Official annoucement!

When ya see the picture thread you're gonna say "dangit! I really shoulda!!"

+1

And the hotel I booked was the Radisson Hotel Providence Airport - Looks good online, at least.

Here's a tease - some random pics from past shows:

necps07050.jpg

necps06_069.jpg

NECPSHO8_0081.jpg

NECPSHO8_0035.jpg

LeucoBee02.jpg

BillOzzy.jpg

NECPSHO8_0068.jpg

necps07035.jpg

necps06_013.jpg

Oy! It was hard enough to concentrate on work this week already - then you have to go and post those pics.....I'll get you for that....

Now I'm COMPLETELY distracted.

Oh yeah, folks... that's Schloaty's plant with the blue ribbon!!!!!

I think they'll also have our new 11 x 17 posters at the society table for sale. I think NECPS members get one free and evidently they are very popular. John told me that at least 3 that have been posted so far have been stolen!

DropIn2010_web.jpg

Yeah :-( ...but I really really have to go work on slowly unbagging my new plants this weekend and next week to get them acclimated soon...can't have them sitting around in bags forever ya know.

this thread keeps popping up and tempting me , any one in virginia going, im thinking of going and would be more than happy to ride share .
I know this is late notice, but pm me if your interested.
Do i have to be a memeber of the NECPS, to visit the show? and can I decide if i would like to join after Im there?
Im trying to amp myself up to make the long trip, it will be two days for me if i make it, its over 600 miles and I don't fly.
I'll leave the bedford va area noonish , get a room , at about 2/3 the way or so , then drive in on sat to the show , then back on the road after the show. Will try make it about 1/2 the way back , get another room sat night, from which ill leave sunday morning, to finish the trip back into va.
I can carry two comfortably in my civic , four doors but gets a little crowded with four adults. the back seat is fine for one. but I would not want to be the second back there, as its a little cramped for me at 6'3".

Hey Quogue! It's almost time!

Great pictures as always, WildBill. I have your print, that Ozzy is holding in the above pictures, hanging in my office, and I get compliments on it all the time.

Do I have to be a memeber of the NECPS, to visit the show?

No, you do not need to be a member to visit the show.

It is open to the public and it is our biggest annual event to promote carnivorous plants. You do need to be a NECPS member to participate in the NECPS members-only silent auction (which is way cool, and not normally advertised.) The silent auction can get cut-throat as we often have plants that are difficult to find on the auction table.

If you are on this forum and you not yet an NECPS member, please make yourself known at the show.

Does the show rotate sites from year to year on a regular schedule?

It is normally at the Roger Williams Botanical Garden, but we did have one show at the University of Rhode Island one year when our show space was under construction.

cool, so i can plan for next year, know the dates yet?

I do not know the dates of the 9th Annual NECPS show, but we typicallly shoot for the last weekend in September.

Just scored a hotel using Priceline's name your own price. 40 bucks (with fees it comes to $53)! Includes a 'breakfast.'

Did the Providence area, and chose the #2 option, "Airport" region, for a 2 star hotel.

I finished up the slides for my presentation today, and will start packing things tomorrow. I'll have a table again like last year's. I'm bringing some Heli's, Hummer's Giants, fresh flytrap seeds, random sarrs and flytraps, and some of of those prints Ozzy was holding in the picture.

My S. purpurea 'Connecticut" has sent up a flower just in time for the show!

Two days left... counting the seconds. Could we get one of those clocks running with the exact number of days, hours, minutes, and seconds left like they do when a new Harry Potter book comes out? And maybe post it across the NECPS website? Maybe a little late now lol.

Man! I wish there was something like that around these parts.

Can't wait to see the pics. I remember last years pics and they were great!

If only I had a buddy on the east coast that would be willing to be my secret shopper for a Regia. Better go check my friend list... LOL.

Back