What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
Figured I might as well keep running pics threads for the month seeing as how I love my plants and taking pictures of them too :p

favourite new heli, HUBERI!!
PA030001-1.jpg

it's so small and cute!

here's a minor
PA030002-1.jpg

and a heterodoxa - that tallest pitcher is the newest, and still etiolated because of lack-of-light abuse when it was too hot to leave them out, but considering it was still making pitchers I'll consider it OK.
PA030003-1.jpg

pervillei just opened up today (pitcher's small, but the first in months - I think it hates the heat and wants to be grown as intermediate/hl and definitely not lowland!!)
PA030004-1.jpg

hamatas - on the left, BE SG (omg the nice red leaves!) and BE clone on the right (pushing out a pitcher!)
PA030005.jpg

splendiana X (rokko X steno)
PA030006.jpg

jacq pitcher invading clip clone U's pot. I think my clip leaves have the tendrils coming out of the end because I give it too bright light, so I've just moved it to a less bright location and I'll see if it'll give me those nice peltate insertions :p
PA030007-1.jpg

dubia - it had a pitcher a couple months ago, but then like I said it was hot for 2 months so it's a little poutey. I assume I'll have pitchers again in a month.
PA030008-1.jpg

sibXTM pushing out a new leaf that's all shiny!
PA030009-1.jpg

alata variegata in situ :p
PA030010.jpg

tentaculata - 2 pitchers and inflating a third
PA030011.jpg

khasiana
PA030012-1.jpg

tenuis fully unfurled and ready to gobble down tasty cricket insides :-))
PA030013-1.jpg

black truncata (latest pitcher is the one on bottom - still inflating, has stupid little lid syndrome because I repotted it when it was first forming...)
PA030014.jpg

drosera lanata *finally* doing something for me...I really shouldn't have petiolaris dews because I can't keep them hot enough. I get the feeling this guy's gonna go back to sleep ... permanent sleep, real soon :-(
PA030018.jpg

another colony of pings in a ping pot
PA030019.jpg

my lowii X truncata baby
PA030020.jpg

spectabilis X truncata baby
PA030021.jpg

doorman's top II might actually *finally* push out a pitcher for me
PA030032.jpg

flava ornata (black veins, semidwarf)
PA030030.jpg

Home Depot purp working on a pitcher
PA030031.jpg

...and I think someone was wondering about the size of pygmy dews...here's pics of my big colonies with a penny for size:
PA030022.jpg

PA030024.jpg

PA030025.jpg

Wow, very Impressive Thez_yo, really enjoyed these.

Omg, Huberi...:drool:

Heh...lol, thanks! I've been working *really* really hard on hunting down what I wanted in the past year. I have no life, only CPs.... :lol:

I have no life, only CPs.... :lol:
I know the feeling ... :-O (something's gotta change over here!)

Great pics - thanks for sharing!

Did you get your dubia from a cutting? It's pretty big. Interesting that it's pouting and the jacq is forming a pitcher. My jamban pouted all summer and is now resuming decent growth.

Me thinks your going to need a much larger place before too long ...

I know the feeling ... :-O (something's gotta change over here!)

Great pics - thanks for sharing!

Did you get your dubia from a cutting? It's pretty big. Interesting that it's pouting and the jacq is forming a pitcher. My jamban pouted all summer and is now resuming decent growth.

Me thinks your going to need a much larger place before too long ...

You're welcome :)

My dubia is seedgrown original, not from a cutting. It's from the same batch that nepenthes101 and amphirion have theirs from too, that I bought as a small plant months and months ago. It's a surprisingly quick and sturdy grower - and actually given the temp range charts that have been circulating (they're pdf's, let me see in a few hours if I can't find where they originated... ) dubia wants a lot colder (and is right there with aristo on temps it wants) than jacq (which is from around hamata/mikei temps). I'll be hunting for those charts for you...I've got them printed off and highlighted with what neps I have :p And my jamban has been pouting from the heat too, but I think I've got it going to pitcher again :-D

I'm already running out of room with more plants on the waayyy :cry:

******-------EDIT-------******
here's the temp charts, posted by manders:
http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29981&hl=

and here's my dubia when I first got it March 3rd of this year:
P3030096.jpg

Last edited:
OMG I LOVE the variegated Alata

:love: thanks. So do I, oh man and for a nep that supposedly grows "slow" it's actually one of my faster growers..but I think that's a reflection of how slow everything else I've got grows :-))

There's a pic of it in cpphotofinder from my photobucket when I first got it, which was only a couple days shy of 3 months ago:

P7090001.jpg

your plants are looking awesome as always :D
I rlly like the little dew garden :)

THANKS! Welcome back after a brief vacation from TF... you should hang around more often :p

What a great collection! I think clipeata only does the peltate business when it puts on a bit of size. I could be wrong though. It's good to see someone who's got a Doorman's top plant going! I can't wait to see the pitchers on that bad boy!

What a great collection! I think clipeata only does the peltate business when it puts on a bit of size. I could be wrong though. It's good to see someone who's got a Doorman's top plant going! I can't wait to see the pitchers on that bad boy!

THANKS!!!

See, I just got one from AW that already had peltate leaves but is supposedly younger than the one I've had for a year...I'm thinking it might actually want less light than I'm giving it is why the leaves are so small (wants to photosynthesize less?).

My Doorman's top is the second one, not the pretty first red one...but I really can't wait to see what the pitchers will look like too because he doesn't really have pics on his website and that really just got my curiosity going :-D

Here's more pics - got a new plant today, N.petiolata!!

PA050036.jpg

..and a fuzzy closeup of a pitcher :p
PA050038.jpg

---edit:more pics---
and in case there was a question as to if I hoarde orchids like I do CPs....well...
PA050002.jpg

PA050001.jpg

PA050003.jpg

PA050004.jpg

PA050005.jpg

Last edited:
Thez: Those are clip's second stage leaves... right after the cotyledons and before the peltate leaves, where the tendril is still hanging off of the leaf tips. It'll take about a year or two to get its pretty little peltate leaves, but it's well on its way! :D

I think they look better with tiny leaves and big pitchers. ;)

Cuz I've had that one that the jacq is making a pitcher on for a year and nothing still, but I *just* got one in from AW 3 weeks ago that had a pitcher hanging off the bottom of a leaf in a peltate way, so I got confused.

Back