What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smitty

Plant Ninja
I thought since I have been growing some things for a little while now. It would be only proper to introduce the site, in which I spend a lot of time at, my little collection I have started.

I have just completed my build of the new room. Pics will follow shortly on the room.....Here are some pics of some of my things I have sitting on overstuffed racks waiting to go into the room.

I hope you enjoy the progression of the thread. :rookwoot:

First up is my first nepenthes I bought. N. sanguinea and it is drooling on itself. :)
P1020325.jpg

P1020326.jpg

P1020327.jpg

N. maxima 'lake poso' it's first pitcher for me.

P1020339.jpg

N. ventricosa x truncata (king of spades) I have a good feeling for this one :) Already throwing 5 inch+ pitchers!

P1020338.jpg

P1020337.jpg

P1020336.jpg

N. copelandii 'mt apo' Very new to the collection, Thank you Exo :)

P1020329.jpg

N. ventricosa - tiny little pitcher producer!

P1020320.jpg

N. lowii x campanulata 1st pitcher ever! Tiny but beautiful. Even sporting a nice little nectar drop on it's lip :)

P1020314.jpg

N. jacquelineae. Starting to settle in for me nicely.

P1020313.jpg

N. glabrata is really taking off and throwing out some pitchers!

P1020309.jpg

P1020308.jpg

N. gothica. Just opened a new pitcher a few days ago. (1st pic) I can't wait to see this one take off!

P1020312.jpg

P1020311.jpg

N. fuschia flared peristome. Being a punk. I will whip it into shape though.

P1020310.jpg

N. red beauty. I love this plant. Lovely red pitchers. One just opened 4 days ago. (2nd pic)

P1020296.jpg

P1020297.jpg

N. reinwardtiana. This is a new arrival. Hopefully it resumes activity quicky :)
P1020295.jpg

Continued..

N diatas. beautiful! this pitcher opened a week ago and I can't wait for more.

P1020294.jpg

A little P. emarginata flower to change it up :)

P1020291.jpg

Some Cephs that are doing tremendously!

P1020316.jpg

P1020315.jpg

P1020319.jpg

N. ramispina. One cool little nep!

P1020342.jpg

P1020343.jpg

A little purpurea

P1020324.jpg

N veitchii x platychila 1st pitcher from this beauty since acclimated!
from this :

P1020273.jpg

to this:
P1020306.jpg

P1020299.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. That is all for now! :rookwoot:

holy crap!! I haven't been giving you proper credit.. I'm rather jealous.

Thanks Mass! I'm just trying to get my CP on is all. Every time a pitcher inflates I get nothing but smiles and the urge to move forward! They are a quite the add on to my other various plants I grow. Stay tuned! :)

Wow, that veitchii x platychila is turning out to be one cute little dude! I almost wish I didn't give away mine... but I guess veitchii x boschiana is a good replacement anyway :p

All very nice plants. I like the N. ramispina :)

Everything looks Great! Thanks for sharing!!

Great setup! Everything looks thriving. Happen to have any pics of the whole grow room?

i dbl that mass i think im jelous as well.......cant wait to see pics of the new grow area Eric

Rather pitcheresque!

+1000 awesome points to you my friend. ;)

Everything looks great! CAn't wait to see the grow room you build!

The new room.

Man it is nice to come home from work and see all the nice comments :) I appreciate them very much! I am glad you enjoyed some of my offerings.
I know I yak on about building my room in the chat box,:crazy: but I also took a lot of notes from the guys with the bigger grow spaces...and now it is done.

Note the door is off for picture purposes. It is a white sliding door just in case you were wondering. :)

The room was built, minus the light, for $63.22. (lumber) I had most supplies on hand just sitting in the garage. The room is 6.5 feet wide, 7 feet long and 6 feet high. Definitely a low ceiling issue cause I am a little over 6 foot but I can deal with it. I put it together in little time but it seemed to take forever because I haven't a lot of days off so I had to steal a hour or 2 here and there to get er done. It is very sturdy, It can support me laying on the bin tables and I am 205 lbs.

The light is a 8 bulb t5 HO from Hydrofarm. I am used to using air cooled metal halides but didn't want to deal with venting heat and such so I went with the High output flouro's. This is the first time dealing with flouro's this large and in charge and I like the spread I am getting over the main grow bed. I will also be adding another 6 bulb t5 ho to cover the side bed as well when the time comes. I find working under these lights heats up the top of your dome pretty fast but not hair sizzling fast like you get working under Mh's.
I have been monitoring the temps down there and I see that heat isn't going to be a problem. This part of my basement I used for my wine making hobby. It never strays from 60-70 percent humidity, 50-55 in the winter, 65 in the dead heat of summer. I didn't see the need to hook up the blowers for ventilation, for now.
The trays you see in the pics are on rails so you can take them out and slide them around when needed. This makes moving them out when doing the cleaning regimen a breeze, plus keeps overrun pots from leaking everywhere.
Anything I missed let me know! :bigthumpup:
P1020345-1.jpg

P1020344.jpg

P1020347.jpg

P1020353.jpg

P1020362.jpg

P1020358.jpg

This is the side bed. Hard to tell what it is.
P1020349.jpg

Some supplies
P1020359.jpg

P1020360.jpg

The white pine board you see in the pic on the right is a mock up for a white piece of corian countertop that I have that is going to go the length of that side. Debating on whether or not to frame it in yet. Also, some more shelving and strip lights for my Ping collection :)

P1020367.jpg

Thanks for looking! :rookwoot:

HOLY CRAP! HOLY CRAP! :spazz:

That is insanely awesome......seriously.....I'm considering making one of these myself! :-O

Why thank you gents. :) It will only improve from here on out!

Looks great! Like the setup. I have a feeling your going to run out of room really quick. I build it 10X larger then I need it and I end up still needing more room! :grin: Looks good though man. :clap:You can always add a metal wire frame rack when you need more room.

Thanks frill! I wish I could build more but I built to the max specs because of water pipes! Hopefully by fall I will Stumble upon a nice glass 4 season room that will attach to the side of the house. Come late spring when the ground firms I will get outside and pour some footers. But that's another project. More things will be moved in tonight such as a heater and a humidifier. Plus I need to get the climate contol cycling tonight as well. I love it!

Beautiful plants and very nice room. You're def getting your CP on:p.

Oh wow. THIS. This is what I want to do. Pure envy.

Looks great, good job.

Back