What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

look who came today...

DSCN2861.jpg

i am super stoked! i know the basics for ceph keeping. any additional comments or advice?

Where?

Did you get it if your Ceph?

wooot its beeeeeaaautifullllllllllllllllll ! hope you enjoy i am finding them fairly easy , but thats not always the case just guess
Im lucky they like me .
Grow on Amphirion!

Congrats Jon!

You should remember that it is completely normal to experience some die-back after being moved.

Also, make sure the crown doesn't stay too wet for too long.

And remember to check for pests/quarantine your plant for a little while. I've had huge problems with pests the last couple years. They can spread between your neps, cephs, and sundews very easily.

@manzano: yes it is mine :boogie:

@ jimmy: thanks, i am looking forward to watching this baby grow!

@ jeff: thanks a lot about the heads up with the pests and stuff, will keep an eye out. as for watering, i will be putting it in a shallow water tray during the day, and then removing it and placing it in a cooldown tank along with my neps and heli at night.

I ment where did you get your ceph?

Looks good so far! Congrats!

I ment where did you get your ceph?

We're not allowed to name vendors here. There are two that I know of that are selling cephs right now, I'd just check the big name vendors online.

Nice Ceph!!!! Have multi growth points This baby will thrive :D Under some TLC..

Awesome looking cephs! Looks like a real beast.

Thanks everyone! So far so good! no drooping pitchers yet! :)

that looks like you got it from lowes just the pot, but the quality is WAYY too nice

What's that little green stuff in the upper right of your pot? I have that everywhere, and it's somewhat annoying.

I like the use of sphagnum moss on the top. It makes the whole plant look more lush. I have just plain peat and sand in mine, which looks sort of plain.

I'm late to the Ceph party, but I wanted to say congrats on the awesome new plant!

wolfn , hows yours doing , is it out in the cold or do you have it in side.
youve had it what two weeks now , how did it handle the repot? its ok isnt it lets see a up date picture.

@ wolfin: actually, when i received the plant, it was covered with shredded sphagnum which is what you see there in the picture. i used a paint brush to get off most of it, but as you can see there's still a good amount left. if it grows, that'd be amazing. how is yours doing btw?

@mmlr38: you're not too late! the party still going on!

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

i have no idea. some sort of bryophyte.

wolfn , hows yours doing , is it out in the cold or do you have it in side.
youve had it what two weeks now , how did it handle the repot? its ok isnt it lets see a up date picture.

@ wolfin: actually, when i received the plant, it was covered with shredded sphagnum which is what you see there in the picture. i used a paint brush to get off most of it, but as you can see there's still a good amount left. if it grows, that'd be amazing. how is yours doing btw?

@mmlr38: you're not too late! the party still going on!

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

i have no idea. some sort of bryophyte.

My Ceph is doing good. So far, there's no set back. All the leaves are still green and I see a new pitcher forming that looks like it has some red veins on it (I guess my light is better than I thought).

However, I'm now suddenly thinking of adding some sphagnum moss on top after looking at the picture of the Ceph in this thread.

Edit: I just got a new Nepenthes Truncata today, so I'll try and take some new pictures of everything tomorrow (Saturday)

If you have problems overwatering your ceph i suggest you keep your peat/sand mix on top so you can see when you have to water the plant in place of guessing....something to think about.

Geez your plant looks absolutely wonderful! I just love ceph's tubby fuzzy pitchers.

I get the feeling your new plant was born where my new plant was born...

Back