Hi! After a week of being completely useless and ignoring all responsibilities (including practicing my bass, which I have to preform a solo with tomorrow after not practicing for the entire week... UGH) I decided I wanted to do something useful, so I decided to take the Sarracenia out of the fridge! I had more planned for this introduction but my computer booped and deleted everything so... yeah...
This is the youngest bog, planting mid-2012 because I was once again procrastinating and being useless. All looks fine, the fridge was a success! There are mostly leucophylla and flava in this bog. IMG_5342 by limeslide2, on Flickr
These are older bogs, planted 2010-2011. Due to being exposed to direct UV radiation for an entire year, the pots crumble to the touch. The pot that is seemingly barren has two very close plants, Sarracenia x harperi and an unknown purpurea hybrid, thanks flytraplady5! They were from the 2011 NASC auctions. They need to be repotted! IMG_5343 by limeslide2, on Flickr
I am particularly fond of this bog, my oldest. It grows very lush and colourful, though not very spectacular pitcher-wise. I am particularly fond of the moss cover it has grown. IMG_5344 by limeslide2, on Flickr
This lone leucophylla had its own pot last year, so it slept separately. It will be added to the two other bogs that are being conjoined. It is a small variety from Santa Rosa Co., FL. IMG_5347 by limeslide2, on Flickr
Added soil to the bottom, it is from Drosera pots that did not make it over the Autumn/Winter, the hardest seasons for them. IMG_5348 by limeslide2, on Flickr