What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giveaway Orchid Seedlings Bulbo plumatum, Sarcochilus ceciliae, and Sedirea Japonica

I had one as a kid. Really cool animals. Mine used to easily break out of it's enclosure and it eventually got itself lost in the house, found the carcass a few months later. Never saw them for sale ever again.

So sad it died, they are VERY tasty! A large part why they are hard to find for sale. Atleast the ones on Guam.

a97197_g131_2-gold-fish.jpg

who would not want a pet gold fish this big,thanks for the chance to win

1. Subrosa-Really want that Sarc!
2. Chibae-Also really wants that sarc but isn't too picky as the others are nice too. And anyone who has seen the pics of my Phrag Devils fire knows that I'm no stranger to waiting years for a de-flasked seedling to bloom.
3. aerogrower awesome giveaway thanks. This is huge!
4.Garylee123-thanks im super excited and my pic is on the post above

Does your son want to go for a pony ride?

article-1216852-069F769F000005DC-292_634x507.jpg

My wife just took the kid to school so this giveaway will be closing when he gets home today.

<a>http://www.strangedangers.com/images/content/103525.jpg</a>

And the winner is Arco!

Thank you for the opportunity. Congrats Arco! Before now had never heard of such a creature.

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy!!!!!!!!

Thank you! I knew your son would dig those crabs!

Dragons Eye,
I also wish I could see them in real life one day. That would be amazing!

Cthulhu138,
I heard that they were available in Miami Florida about 20 years ago, but since then, they have not been imported. I would love to keep some of those, but I would imagine they would need a whole room as their enclosure. Or a large outdoor pen like a tortoise! Unfortunately they couldn't be captive bred.

RSS,
You've actually seen them in person and eaten them?

aerogrower,
Thanks for the "congrats"!
I'm glad I could introduce you to the amazingness of The Coconut Crab! :D

Here are more photos of them, check it out:
Birgus_latro_(Bora-Bora).jpg

birgus3.jpg

ar123431686155732.jpg

Last edited:
I've only seen a few of the plain brown ones and the meat was available enough in Guam to get some at the local hole in the wall eateries. They were going extinct due to being neat looking, hard to breed and tasty...Bad trifecta for any species.

I saw so many "what the !#$@#$ is that" things in Guam I can not count them all. These crabs, a spider that was larger than my hand (not a tarantula), and a fish with an eyeball the size of a soccerball the fish was HUGE jump to mind.

Back