What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've decided to take up the task of creating and distributing some care-sheets on the most common carnivorous plants offered for sale at chain stores and greenhouses.

These sheets will be one page, front and back, and will be distributed free of charge to the greenhouses/stores. Document files (likely MS Publisher format, or PDF) will be available online. Each page will contain basic care information as well as some information on repotting and deviding plants as they mature.

The caresheet will be in black and white, and done on my professional photo-copy machine. I will be personally distributing them around the OKC metro-area, but if others would like to distribute them in their area the files will be available to them.

Here's what I could use help with: Photos. If anyone would be willing to voulenteer nice quality photos of their plants (Sundew, Nepenthe, VFT, Sarracenia, Darlingtonia, Pinguicula) one will be used per caresheet. All photographs will be credited to the person who took them.

Anyone willing to contribute raw care information will especially be apreciated. All information will be credited to the original author.

Thanks for your time. Hopefully we can save a few plants from a cruel and unusual death with this. ;)

Probably the best source of plant pictures is BobZ's site:

BobZ

I would be happy to give you access to what I have as well. Barry Rice is a good source for CP care, through his FAQ. I wish you well with this endeavor. Too bad we can't get the powers that be to own up to their resposibilities as have the the pharmaceutical and food insustries with labeling contents - not to mention truth in advertizing.

BobZ is linking to other photos, he does not hold the copyright on them. I need to obtain photos from those that actually own them/took them and can give their consent.

You might talk to elgecko. He's pretty accomplished with CP photography. Also, the guys from Sarracenia NW sell a CD of royalty-free CP photos. I'm sure they'd contribute some to you, given your cause.
~Joe

D. spatulata
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums....850.jpg

on real good picture i have of a Sundew
All my pitcher plants (neps/sarr's) have small pitchers, or are dormant... Same w/ VFT no good photos

Hope this helps a little bit, if at all, but yea i agree with those guys up their they are very reputable sources of great photography!

Cheers

Back