What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here are some pictures I took on a recent visit to West Lake Nature Preserve and Bishop's Bog Preserve in Portage, Michigan. I hope you all enjoy them.

West Lake Nature Preserve:

x3zngi.jpg

Cypripedium acaule
2vkxqqa.jpg

Drosera rotundifolia
2jb1kcy.jpg

t9ibds.jpg

b6qbyu.jpg

zjtlqd.jpg

353czdv.jpg

206xvyv.jpg

Larix laricina
2pqs5n7.jpg

Monotropa uniflora
2i75rhi.jpg

2r3a54m.jpg

2hwphl4.jpg

Sarracenia purpurea
2rw58oi.jpg

25u1uzk.jpg

241pbmg.jpg

10xr8t4.jpg

zo6tr4.jpg

hwn3o9.jpg

65ykjb.jpg

10546yr.jpg

Bishop's Bog Preserve:

Might be either Drosera x eloisiana (Previously known as Drosera x beleziana) or Drosera intermedia
20ii904.jpg

ipruab.jpg

Utricularia geminiscapa
161c607.jpg

30kgb6d.jpg

mwteo0.jpg

Utricularia gibba
flkh0w.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice find with the monotropa!

Thank you! Yeah, it's not too often you see Monotropa but along the trail there was quite a lot of them.

So, this is the first time I've heard about a name change for D. x beleziana. Why is this a requirement? People make mistakes, and incorrect herbarium references are not uncommon; the name was still used to reference a hybrid of D. rotundifolia x intermedia....

So, this is the first time I've heard about a name change for D. x beleziana. Why is this a requirement? People make mistakes, and incorrect herbarium references are not uncommon; the name was still used to reference a hybrid of D. rotundifolia x intermedia....

Apparently the name for the hybrid was changed because the example for D. x beleziana was not actually a hybrid between D. rotundifolia x intermedia but actually just D. rotundifolia.
http://cpphotofinder.com/drosera-x-belezeana-3452.html

Last edited:
Great pictures!

Back