What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're obsessed with CPs when...

splendid! Glad to see everyone pouring out their inner fetishes and quirks with CPs.

- you hear the words "bog, peat, or moss " you think CPs

- you love the smell of sphagnum and secretly wish you can have it as carpet

- if your VFTs don't have red inside their traps, you think you've failed at growing them right

- you want to believe every bromeliad out there is at least pseudo-carnivorous

- you got annoyed when you watched that video of the girl planting Capensises all around the woods, public parks, lawns, etc ( I think she took it down)

- You have to ask someone to repeat the question to the one and only question you were asked on a conference call because you were too busy checking the trade threads.

- You check your 401K and hope it gets high enough to allow you to start that CP nursery you have been dreaming about as a retirement job.

- You research all of your vacation destinations to see if there are any CP related places nearby.
(Worked out good for me. I am going to Meadowview in July!!!!)

- Your 5 year old knows more about CP's than most local nursery workers.

- You get tired of answering whether or not nepenthes and sarracenia lids' close when they catch insects.
(or am I the only one that gets that question)

- You start thinking about purchases as how many CPs you could have bought with that money.

And last but not least....

- Your neighbors have seen you in your undies on more than one occasion while carrying trays of CPs into your garage during the beginning of a freak thunderstorm.

-

- Your neighbors have seen you in your undies on more than one occasion while carrying trays of CPs into your garage during the beginning of a freak thunderstorm.

Win! :-D

my neighbors have seen me in my undies moving all of my temperates in my greenhouse and under the patio during a freak horrid hail storm a couple weeks ago...lol
undies & bare skin + hail and strong wind = either one crazy person, or someone who is seriously commited rofl

when you spend money on shipping for trades instead of getting your hair cut.. again.

LOL, I cut my own hair :-)) More money for cp's :-O

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

LOL, When over 90% of your Nepenthes are worth several Hundred dollars a piece, Some up to 400+

lol ditto nep. heres one

-you have to buy a new memory card because the old one didnt hold enough pictures in high res.

-you detail your sisters car so that she will let you use her cannon 7d to take pics of your plants.

-you bring your girlfriend to your house...to watch you water your plants.

-you teach said girlfriend the difference between a vft and a nepenthes (after she asks why the nep pitcher didnt close after sticking a fly in it).

-your mom catches YOU making coffee...is suprised, goes to get a cup and you tell her no she cant because its for your plants.

-you make a tent in your room so that you can increase the photoperiod of your plants w.o disturbing your sleeping brother.

I don't look good with a shaved head.. I'm starting to look like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. :-(

LOL, I need to go on a budget since I'm spending too much money on these guys, lol. I constantly have to baby them since every nep of mine is practically worth several hundred a piece LOL.

LOL, You know your obsessed when you find your self making room for hundreds of Nepenthes seedlings. Where you cant get to any of your windows/window sill cause Nepenthes seedlings/Plants are taking up the space, LOL :-))

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

lol ditto nep. heres one

-you have to buy a new memory card because the old one didnt hold enough pictures in high res.

-you detail your sisters car so that she will let you use her cannon 7d to take pics of your plants.

-you bring your girlfriend to your house...to watch you water your plants.

-you teach said girlfriend the difference between a vft and a nepenthes (after she asks why the nep pitcher didnt close after sticking a fly in it).

-your mom catches YOU making coffee...is suprised, goes to get a cup and you tell her no she cant because its for your plants.

-you make a tent in your room so that you can increase the photoperiod of your plants w.o disturbing your sleeping brother.

LOL, Those are some good ones, especially the coffee one :-))

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

LOL, I thought of another good one, You know your obsessed when the amount of plants you own has the possibility of being worth more than your car, and someday House and car put together.

lol.. I like the coffee one too. My g/f asked why I was making coffee the other day since I don't drink it. I said I was having a tea party with the plants.

lol.. I like the coffee one too. My g/f asked why I was making coffee the other day since I don't drink it. I said I was having a tea party with the plants.

LOL, The tea pots and cups have to be decorated with beauty and the Beast characters :-))

I missed out on that set. The one's I have are decorated with unicorns, roses, and dolphins and crap.

haha

-when your girlfriend asks you why your CLEANING a jug of water...and you respond with "to put rain water in it"....DUH!

- when dared to lick your plant, you do it without any hesitation. <3 sarracenia nectar.

Your credit card bill skyrockets because of all the plants you order online

-when you keep track of what you are growing in a Word doc.

-when you carry said Word doc around with you to see if you "got that one" yet when you see a CP for sale.

-when you talk about Peter D'Amato, Barry Rice, Stewart Mc Pherson and friends like EVERYONE should know of them. ;)

-your neighbors think you're growin' weed every time your growlights lights come on each morning.

-the cops do, too, and regularly check out the GH and peek in your windows.

-now the neighbors REALLY think your growin' weed, with all the police interest, and figure they're setting you up for a really big bust.

- you believe it's your duty to "save" every Death Cube plant (which just furthers their business)

- you have more lights/bulbs for your plants than for your entire apt/house/condo

- you rejoice when it starts pouring because you can hoard more rain to use for later

- you've bought every CP book out there that's worth buying (you know which ones!)

- you get annoyed by people who like to stick their fingers into VFT traps repeatedly

and...
- you've actually used butterwort leaves to try to heal a sore like in the 'olden days...or curdle milk (Anyone ever tried this?)

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

-when you keep track of what you are growing in a Word doc.

-when you carry said Word doc around with you to see if you "got that one" yet when you see a CP for sale.

:clap:

Back