What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terraforum’s Third Annual Calendar Contest for 2013!

Paul, no worries I just answered as quickly as I could as I was running out the door to work... I know all about that it is quite a challenge keeping all the "data" (posts) here on the forum strictly here- there are plenty of crawlers that try to skim the whole forum to create a fake forum with our posts in order to earn them advertising. I work very hard to make sure all your posts are kept here, where they were originally posted.

Mass, I would hope you would have some faith in the fact that I'll make this as fair as possible. I don't think WHO it is matters either, but know that who you are doesn't matter, it's your photos! (I want the best photos in the calendar, duh!) Remember that the first calendar's winners were picked by a panel. The second one was by public. This one will have the panel making the first choice to narrow it down (since we're asking for 5 photos from everyone this time!) then it will go public for the finals... Pictures, without names I think is the plan. So if anything, this should give you a better chance if it is true that so many will make it their mission to make you not win. =)
Andrew

Hello everyone! just a friendly reminder that we have a week and a half left to get all or photos in for the calendar contest! best of luck!

I'll submit mine this week!

Last edited:
ONE more week to get your entries in! Best of luck to everyone!

Just dropping by a friendly reminder that we have 3 more days for submissions. Please keep them coming everyone! And thanks so much to everyone who has participated already!

Greetings TF community. Wanted to send a friendly reminder that there are approximately 38.5 hours left for submissions! Grab that camera, take that last shot, do that final adjustment on your photo processing software, and submit! we've got some great entries already, looking forward to seeing the rest!

im sure this will be a very nice calendar , love the last two, wish we could just post the pics here, i will try and send a pic or two if they wont work just omit my entries , and i am sorry in advance for making someone look at my pics when they may not work. im still not that savy when it comes to the pixels and size of the pics if you can use them crop them any way you like.
good luck to all.

@jimmy: last time, i believe your photos came out with decent quality, so there shouldnt be too many complications. usually your camera would mention the number of megapixels it can capture. put your camera on the highest quality settings and that should settle it. if your camera is an DSLR, that should definitely be no problem as the minimum/oldest DSLRs are about 8 MP.

pwoer shot SX10IS 10.0 mega pixels pics on the way , now I think LOL.

im having trouble sending pic.s to the e-mail site listed here is anyone else??
yahoo says Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<contest@terraforum.com>:
212.227.15.134 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 <contest@terraforum.com>: invalid address
Giving up on 212.227.15.134.
it sends fine to my own mail address, any advise??

I have a couple very nice entries.:-(

Sent my entry using Google docs because G-mail wouldn't send all of the pics at once. I hope that's okay.

Sent my entry using Google docs because G-mail wouldn't send all of the pics at once. I hope that's okay.
This is totally okay. If the files are too large to attach, uploading them to a server or cloud for download would be great as well--just provide us the link for download.

We've got 12.5 hours left guys! May I personally say the entries received make us really excited to share them with the community! For those who have submitted, we wanted to give a premature informal thanks. You guys are awesome!

:awesome:will we get to see the winners ? when? will it be before they are on the calander? i can wait , but i dont want to.:awesome:

All entries are undergoing a screen through by our judging panel. Once that is finalized, we will post up the chosen submissions for community vote, sometime tomorrow. voting will continue for a week.

Back