What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just thought I'd post some pics of my plants, since they all seem to like the weather.
Somehow my extremely slow closing flytrap catch bugs all on their own. They're eating well.
randomCPpictures001.jpg

It's also finally decided to open it's flower.
randomCPpictures003.jpg

Some VFT cuttings. There's parts of the other flower stalk that messed up in that soil too.
randomCPpictures002.jpg

A pot of little drosera seedlings that shared the same pot as my S. Leucophylla. I think they're binata.
randomCPpictures004.jpg

S. Rubra.
randomCPpictures006.jpg

A little capensis with the rubra. It's very red.
randomCPpictures005.jpg

N. Sanguinea, recently opened pitcher. This and the other stopped making nectar since I put them outside.
randomCPpictures008.jpg

Buddies.
randomCPpictures007.jpg

A messed up leaf. What happened to it?
randomCPpictures012.jpg

D. Binata.
randomCPpictures009.jpg

N. Truncata pitcher with a fly.
randomCPpictures010.jpg

D. Capensis flower stalk. The flowers are all done now.
randomCPpictures013.jpg

The capensis' newer leaves all look like this. Anyone know why this is happening?
randomCPpictures014.jpg

It's making another flower stalk!
randomCPpictures016.jpg

Some sphagnum in a bag that I'm trying to grow. I noticed this little thing. I don't know what it is but I'll leave it in case it's sphagnum.
randomCPpictures015.jpg

P. Moranensis
randomCPpictures017.jpg

Very nice! Lucky, getting a D. binata with the S. leuco XP. I think the colored capensis is 'red maybe. That is going to be a heck of a harvest you have there. I'm not sure what that is in the LFS, but It may be possible it can be a seed. Thanks for sharing!

The capensis' newer leaves all look like this. Anyone know why this is happening?
randomCPpictures014.jpg

All my Capensis leaves look like that, despite the fact they are in full sunlight and are properly watered. I'm not sure what's wrong with them

Lower humidity, smaller dew droplets. The dew tends to be stronger though. For more dramatic dew give it higher humidity.
I am guessing your nepenthes has a pest or something but I don't know what. Why not create a separate thread about it.

A messed up leaf. What happened to it?

looks like it got munched on. it should be back to normal in a while.

Alex

keep an eye out for aphids on the capensis. If it turns out it has them, submerge the plant for a couple days, pot and all.

Great pics..

Love your backyard - quite the view!

You should see the view from the top of our unfinished house.
field.jpg

Nice pictures.
If you got the S. leucophylla from that nursery in California, then the fork leaf sundew is most likely a D. dichotoma 'small red form'.

Back