What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
Well, I told myself when I moved to SoCal that I needed to choose among Edibles, CPs, or Succulents. Well, this year I added... well, I guess I failed and have them all, oops! I just gotta grow. I've still got more seeds that I'm waiting on, not that I need more plants, but here's the ones that have sprouted..

Starting from the leftmost pot, Passiflora laurifolia (only one sprout so far!), Passiflora edulis, Physalis peruviana, White Dragonfruit, failed Papaya sprouts :-( that I planted Red Currant seeds into, an heirloom melon from the old Soviet Union (Rich Sweetness 132), purple shallots, Golden Sugar Apple from Costa Rica, Black Currant, Thai Lavendar Frog Egg Eggplant, Pink Tiger tomatoes, and a pot of herbs including Stinging nettle, Vietnamese mint, and Plantain.

a closeup of my little Dragonfruit sproutlets

from the left Extra Dwarf Bok Choi and Violets, Nasturtiums and Violets with some more Bok Chois, Violets and Red Dock, and Love-in-a-mist and Violets

a closeup of one of those nice little Bok Chois

that biggest Nasturtium - I got the Alaska mix with the variegated leaves

the CP pit

and to the right of that, starting closest to the bottom the Strawberries starting with toscana, mara des bois, then white pineberry, sleep/white Sapote, and a Stapeliad of some sort

mara des bois

toscana

I'm not letting the pineberry fruit this year, because it's a bit on the small side.

And copious CPs, of course. N. hamata, with petiolata in the background

N. aristolochioides upper in focus in the center of the shot. In the foreground petiolata pitcher, with a 'Song of Melancholy' all the way to the right, and behind the N.aristo is a N. bongso (Malesiana) pitcher.

I guess I'll keep the N. xSplendiana x xMixta. Pitcher to leaf ratio is terrible, but it does make nice pitchers once it gets going

N.sibuyanensis x xTrusmadiensis pitcher

the pit from inside

My favourite keep-the-peat-down weed, Utric. bisquamata

D. regia & dinner

N. inermis and not dinner… well, maybe it's providing dinner :)

Pings mixed pot (the ever-hated), U.nelumbifolia in that square container, N.aristo on the left with some basals going on, and in the center the N. spathulata x hamata

N. ovata. It started vining :-O

N. platychila

The Sarracenia pot

N. 'Song of Melancholy' (with a ventrinermis pitcher photobombing on the right there)

and inside, a pretty flower. This one's Phalaenopsis bastianii

Waiting on the N. 'nephthys'

and N. clipeata x eymae... or (clipeata x eymae) x eymae. Whatever they decided on...

Last edited:
Aww, poor lacewing. The honeybee didn't fall into the inermis pitcher? Your aristolochioides looks great.

The honeybee wasn't in the pitcher later, so I think he made it away ok. Inermis pitchers tip and spill really easily when they become full/heavy so if he did fall in, it might have spilled him back out.

the pit from inside
Who doesn't love a good CP pit? Ever consider charging admission?

My favourite keep-the-peat-down weed, Utric. bisquamata
Tell me it's not so ... :0o: Nooooooooooooooooooooo .... :crazy:

N. inermis and not dinner… well, maybe it's providing dinner :)
The super simple yet always intriguing pitchers. Never get tired of these guys ...

N. ovata. It started vining :-O
Another gotta-love plant ... but at your place, it's one among many :banana2:

N. platychila
... and another .... and the list goes on .... :hail:

Very nice plants! I'm jealous :drool:

Wonderful Collection!!!!:-O:-O:-O

Ramon:D

Thanks for the tour of "Zuzana's Shop of Horrors . . . and Strawberries."

Should you ever go missing, we have some idea where to look . . .

Who doesn't love a good CP pit? Ever consider charging admission?

Tell me it's not so ... :0o: Nooooooooooooooooooooo .... :crazy:

:-D Hahahaha. Thanks :)

Very nice plants! I'm jealous :drool:

Wonderful Collection!!!!:-O:-O:-O

Ramon:D

Thanks for the tour of "Zuzana's Shop of Horrors . . . and Strawberries."

Should you ever go missing, we have some idea where to look . . .

You're welcome... will you suspect frogface? :p

You're welcome... will you suspect frogface? :p

To be quite honest, Frogface always struck me as mildly psychotic; perhaps closet French -- and a chain smoker to boot . . .

just a matter of time....

poisonalnwick_3239921b.jpg

Zu's own version of England's Alnwick Garden

volunteers cat to taste test the next zuukies

:)

very very cool zu, and great pic david LOLOL
love it!

dont let me forget and Ill send you some pawpaw tree seeds this fall for your collection

Every collection needs at least a couple edibles. On my teensy, bitty patio I managed a bin of carrots and spuds. Gotta have my veggie noms. :D

Nice Neps, Zu. Always looking fantastic.

To be quite honest, Frogface always struck me as mildly psychotic; perhaps closet French -- and a chain smoker to boot . . .

LMAO

just a matter of time....
Zu's own version of England's Alnwick Garden

volunteers cat to taste test the next zuukies

:)

very very cool zu, and great pic david LOLOL
love it!

dont let me forget and Ill send you some pawpaw tree seeds this fall for your collection

:p OK, I totally have room :lol: I want to have the garden in Coraline!

Every collection needs at least a couple edibles. On my teensy, bitty patio I managed a bin of carrots and spuds. Gotta have my veggie noms. :D

Nice Neps, Zu. Always looking fantastic.

Back