What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
So, it's overcast... but stuff is finally growing, so I took some *slightly* blurry shots :p

Nepenthes hamata red hairy clone is actually quite a quick grower for me
P3200098.jpg

Nepenthes tentaculata too - though that basal is really struggling to get out from under its mommy :p (Nepenthes veitchii tendril in the way)
P3200097.jpg

Nep. alata variegata twisting in strange directions because I didn't turn it often enough :eek:
P3200096.jpg

Sarracenia flava rubricorpora with the winter's only phyllodia left and a flower stalk
P3200094.jpg

..just had to fish a bad little caterpillar out of the flower so it didn't get devoured!
P3200066.jpg

Sarr. Judith Hindle from Trader Joe's... had it its second summer now!
P3200092.jpg

Nepenthes sibuyanensis xx trusmadiensis finally has more than 2-3 leaves so I guess it likes it chillier? Either that or less intense light.
P3200091.jpg

Nep. platychila finally inflating a tendril after sulking all winter long
P3200090.jpg

Nepenthes ((veitchii x maxima) x veitchii) x campanulata finally inflating something too - I love how this particular plant has kind of a waxy, non fuzzy despite the veitchii in it, pink/orange/yellow color to it. The others... I have yet to see because they came without pitchers pretty much so I'm exited for this summer
P3200088.jpg

A Nepenthes ventricosa red sulking in a corner admitting the fact that it looks weird...
P3200086.jpg

Nep. adrianni inflating yet *another* pitcher... this thing is bomb-proof!
P3200085.jpg

Nep. campanulata x (spectabilis x talangensis) opened pitcher on the right, sitting next to a growing tendril of the same plant on the left, in a Nepenthes burbidgeae x edwardsiana pot.
P3200084.jpg

Nepenthes aristolochioides also enjoying the warmer weather by rewarding me with 3 pitchers :p
P3200082.jpg

...to be continued..

Nepenthes villosa pitcher... I really shouldn't be keeping this plant XD
P3200080.jpg

Nep. bongso pitcher that just opened
P3200079.jpg

P3200078.jpg

Nepenthes tenuis pitcher inflating
P3200076.jpg

Nep. veitchii x boschiana inflating another pitcher. This one took forever and a day to settle in, but is now growing like a champ!
P3200053.jpg

Nep. densiflora x truncata 'King of Spades'
P3200054.jpg

Nepenthes veitchii 'K' from EP inflating pitcher
P3200055.jpg

My newest addition :-D :spazz: I can't believe I finally got my hands on it!! Nep. Splendiana x x Mixta
P3200056.jpg

This is for Taliesin - what is this plant? It's growing in my vft minibog, is really small cute and red, and I don't know what it is :(
P3200067.jpg

Sarracenia rosea luteolata
P3200070.jpg

Sarracenia psittacina green
P3200069.jpg

Sarr. psittacina/rosea or something like that from Home Depot - 2nd summer with me now!
P3200071.jpg

The reddest plant in my collection: Heliamphora heterodoxa x ionassi
P3200072.jpg

Heli. heterodoxa x minor making a GIGANTIC pitcher (well, for me it is)
P3200073.jpg

Heli. minor making a cute little pitcher, but with a big nectar spoon
P3200074.jpg

Do I have red sphagnum moss growing?! :-O (in a Heli. heterodoxa x minor pot)
P3200075.jpg

...to be continued...

As always thez..your cp pics just make me want more, like say an aristo

Im sorry but i dont know :p
It looks rlly interesting though, if you dont want it, i got a place for it :D
I rlly like that veitchii pitcher :)

Nepenthes stenophylla finally finished sulking after winter
P3200052.jpg

left to right in the center of the shot in 4" pots: Nepenthes mikei, Nep. ovata, Nep. hamata Seedgrown from BE
P3200046.jpg

Nep. burbidgeae making a nice red leaf
P3200045.jpg

Nep. petiolata the reddest leafed Nepenthes I own!
P3200044.jpg

Nep. lowii x truncata "flared peristome" from EP
P3200043.jpg

My Drosera tray -- I've got too many :jester: capensis, paradoxa and hybrids of it, pygmies, burmanni hopefully.
P3200041.jpg

..aaand I moved a couple pygmy dew pots into the taller pots so they look less desolate now
P3200039.jpg

P3200037.jpg

a Pinguicula community pot
P3190034.jpg

and my Nepenthes inermis with a closeup of a pitcher
P3190033.jpg

P3190036.jpg

Everything looks great. Your lucky, I can't even tell if my sarrs survived the winter yet. That N. Alata looks interesting. Does the varigation extend to the pitchers?

As always thez..your cp pics just make me want more, like say an aristo

Thanks, you should get one - they're pretty easy given at least a little bit of a night-time temp drop.

Im sorry but i dont know :p
It looks rlly interesting though, if you dont want it, i got a place for it :D
I rlly like that veitchii pitcher :)

Oh :( Hehe... it's survived 2 repots already because I like it so much, so I can't give it to you :p

And thanks! I looove how it's so tubby :p

Everything looks great. Your lucky, I can't even tell if my sarrs survived the winter yet. That N. Alata looks interesting. Does the varigation extend to the pitchers?

Well spring will pop up for you soon enough! The variegation does extend to the pitchers too!

All of your plants are looking very healthy, thanks for sharing everything!

Wow thez, absolutely stunning! You can grow anything, I wish I could be there in person to see those. Great job!

All of your plants are looking very healthy, thanks for sharing everything!

Thanks, and you're welcome. :)

Wow thez, absolutely stunning! You can grow anything, I wish I could be there in person to see those. Great job!

Thanks, and not quiiite (tell my poor dying D.adelae :cry:). Well maybe one of these days if you swing by San Diego :)

stunning zu, ummmm is that red hairy hamata making it to the NASC auction too?

The helis are looking great!

stunning zu, ummmm is that red hairy hamata making it to the NASC auction too?

The helis are looking great!

ummm... no :( sawwy.

Thanks, Heli-master :hail:

Wow, everything looks GREAT!!

Thanks for sharing!

Omg :drool:
Totally, awesomely...awesome!
I loved it!

Mayjor druuuuul!

Your plants look better though... I'm trying out watering everything more to see if it'll make them look better. I'm afraid of rotting out the smaller ones though so I guess I'll have to figure something out for them..

Ok, here's some Heliamphora and Phalaenopsis

P3210101.jpg

P3210102.jpg

P3210103.jpg

P3210105.jpg

P3210107.jpg

Phalaenopsis mannii
P3210108.jpg

and the new Phalaenopsis:
P3210104.jpg

I love those Orchids. Also Everything else is looking fantastic! I think someday I'm going to start growing orchids among my neps. Should make for a very nice display of colors and variability.

I love those Orchids. Also Everything else is looking fantastic! I think someday I'm going to start growing orchids among my neps. Should make for a very nice display of colors and variability.

Thanks :) Yeah it just looks wonderful having them all together, but careful cuz you gotta keep the orchids underneath the nep leaves because I think they like less light.

Back