What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's about time bluemax posted some photos!

bluemax

Lotsa blue
Supporter
At last, a General Discussions photo thread that I can call my very own! :banana2:
I'm setting the bar pretty low to begin with but, hopefully, things will improve. At least there will be photos if I manage kill any of these plants anytime soon! 'Hope you enjoy.

Tall Drosera slackii.
mini-P2143326.jpg

Cephalotus typical.
mini-P2143336.jpg

mini-P2143338.jpg

D. aliciae.
mini-P2143340.jpg

D. burmannii in a tower.
mini-P2143343.jpg

mini-P2143343-Copy.jpg

D. paradoxa.
mini-P2143346.jpg

D. graomogolensis.
mini-P2143351.jpg

Little D. dilatato-petiolaris plants.
mini-P2143353.jpg

D. ascendans seedlings.
mini-P2143357.jpg

Hey! Nice Drosera. I approve. :)

That slakii has a really interesting growth habit! I've seen something similar before, but pretty cool- mine has a much flatter shape to it. Also, what are the white pots you're using?
They all look great!

That slakii has a really interesting growth habit! I've seen something similar before, but pretty cool- mine has a much flatter shape to it. Also, what are the white pots you're using?
They all look great!

PVC Tubing, methinks. :)

Nice job bluemax! Awesome droseras. :)

Wow... There is no word to describe the level of my jealousy.

Awesome sundews... Wish I could say this was my collection

Oooh, your plants are amazing! Very nice pictures, too! :-D

Great job!

Nicely done!

nice dews and the slakii looks strange ,have you had it ages or is it a freak

Your drosera look cozy Bluemax! Are your D. dilatato-petiolaris plants seed grown? :)

Wow I missed this! awesome plants dude! I had no idea slackii stacked like that.. and I love the look of those PVC rounds.. How tall do you make them? do you use anything to plug the bottom or just a wad of LFS?

very nice max. and quite a creative way of utilizing pvc pipes! too bad those pipes dont come in squares. you could have saved some space! :p

great growing. everything looks nice and healthy!

Good to see others using PVC tubes!
I have been using them because I can cut them to the lengths I want.
I have also been experimenting with the amount of bottom holes & media layers,
and can tailor them to the environ I have them in. VFT's in particular are interesting to grow ih them as well as any plants with a more tap-root structure. (In other words, no Sarrs)
Nice job you did!
:bigthumpup:
Oh yea, you can take a drop of acetone to remove the lettering stamped on them.
Makes them look like nice pots & not tubes.

Nice growing!
:water:

And you can get square piping, however it is too expensive to bother with.

Very, very nice collection, jealous. I love the PVC pipe pots, great idea...I feel another project coming on, :lol:

That D. slackii is a total winner, not to mention your PVC pots. Ingenious.

Thank you for all the kind responses everyone! I hope to do better photographically in the future.

Also, what are the white pots you're using?

As Brokken said they are pvc pipe, cut to length from a 20' piece.

nice dews and the slakii looks strange ,have you had it ages or is it a freak

I've had it about a year and a half but it's always shown a tendency to grow horizontally. This is the only one of this species I've grown so I don't know if this is freakish or not.

Are your D. dilatato-petiolaris plants seed grown? :)

Yes they are. They're now about the size of a US dime.

.. and I love the look of those PVC rounds.. How tall do you make them? do you use anything to plug the bottom or just a wad of LFS?

The ones in the pictures are around 6" high. I think the maximum height would have to do with how much headroom you have and how much stability you need. The taller the more wobbly. I block the bottom with a square-cut piece of scrap plexiglas, hotglued on, which makes for a base.

Thanks for the acetone tip, GrowinOld. I'll try that. I mess with drilling holes in them, too. I always put one in the bottom and several around the bottom perimeter but I like to add a few small ones along the sides for air the medium.

Thanks again, everyone.

The Tank - a new beginning.

First photos of the used 55-gal. tank I've just set up for my plants. Everything I grow has pinched toes I'm afraid. The old 10-gal. has been set up as a 'hot' tank for petiolaris 'dews. Now I can try the seeds that I didn't have enough heat for. This is an increase in growing area over four times larger and now there is vertical room for flowering. Crummy pics as follows-

mini-P3283373.jpg

Special effects view.

mini-P3283388.jpg

mini-P3283360.jpg

mini-P3283389.jpg

High-tech all the way.

mini-P3283364.jpg

mini-P3283378.jpg

D. paradoxa - soon to have a warmer home.

Not even a small step for mankind, but a giant leap for me. Now begins the rather large repotting effort. I think it'll be fun.:D

Thanks for looking.

Nice set up. I just got a nice used 55 tank too. Hehe I like the high tech hygrometer.

Back