What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here by no demand Whatsoever....Tent-House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Miranda is ready for spring.
2-21-13GHPics006_zpsa8793d53.jpg

Some primuliflora cuttings and a sad little madagascariensis.
3-3-13repots008_zps3b2e5618.jpg

Oh, and here is the mother ship (primuliflora) and a very unhappily repotted venusta. It's about an 8" deep pot so hopefully venusta will bulk up this year. I have about a dozen or more primuliflora plantlets started for pot fillers with some of the brighter Drosera pots.
3-3-13repots001_zps28928cfe.jpg

Nice looking setup! :)
(you probably know this by now, but the VFT's and Sarracenia shouldnt be spending the winter there, its not good for them.)
One winter probably wont harm them..but get them outside in the Spring, and make sure
they dont spend next winter in the greenhouse! ;)

Scot

For sure Scot. I got them about a month or so ago and they were heavily dormant like they had been that way some time. They were sold in bags of dried peat like bulbs. I figures they had their rest, and we're going for the long year this year. We'll see how it works out. They were discounted heavily lol! Thanks for the comments:)

More strikes. Spring never felt so close!
3-4-13strikes001_zpsb96c67a6.jpg

Have fun. Its still only March you know.

WOOOO HOOO Uppers!
3-5-13Uppers001_zps40b2289c.jpg

P. primuliflora thanking for the repot.
001_zpsc0027206.jpg

a little time lapse.
3-4-13strikes001_zpsb96c67a6.jpg

004_zpsba8f1a6e.jpg

another tray started with clockwise from the top: D. nidiformis, 'albino' x aliciae, capensis x spatulata, and hamiltonii.
006_zps4aca6e69.jpg

Great stuff SB. I just got a greenhouse like that from a local discount grocery store for $20. It is living outdoors. I can't wait till it is overflowing like yours. I

I love the before and after pics of the cuttings. I think my favorite part of CPs, is the reproduction part. I like making MORE!

Thanks Oregoncp! It sure doesn't take long to propagate a full growing area, and a hobby you can trade off or donate your excess materials makes it all worth while. Thanks for looking! :-D
P.S. I confess that the strikes and seedling pics are from a different growing area I have set up as a nursery. I've just kind of adopted this thread as my pic thread for now.

Last edited:
P. primuliflora flowers
001_zpsc0027206.jpg

3-21-13001_zps85134d49.jpg

My first ping flowers that I can claim any responsibility for. The color is very close even though I used a junky camera, a very light lavender.

Here is an update for your viewing peasure.
001_zpsf93531bf.jpg

Now moved from a south window to a west window for the season.

Last edited:
Here's U. sandersonii and a little freebie Drosera whatisit hiding in there
007_zps14d524b2.jpg

This little assortment contains: D. capensis, aliciae, spatulata, spatulata 'Tamlin', communis (I believe), and madagascariensis, and that might be spat fraser island next to the madagascariensis.
005_zpsf9c9e671.jpg

Here we've got: D. capensis x spatulata, spiralis, aliciae, and hamiltonii.
002_zps8819a9ac.jpg

Thanks for looking!:-D

Last edited:
Very nice drosera! I end up killing most of mine, but hey. I can still enjoy other peoples' Drosera, right? :p

I see you have a few still lurking around at liest Pine. :) It's always a bummer watching things decline. I admit I have had my fair share of casualties and set-backs along the way and have been fortunate to still have many species that I nearly lost entirely. Hopefully it will be mostly smooth sailing for a while and I can grow a few plants that rival the sweet stuff the "local" pro-photographers have been shooting.

I potted these up yesterday. The one with the filiformis, 'Tamlin', and pings should look pretty cool when it fills in.

Sorry for the cheap crappy camera pics. Just glad to have a camera and that I am able to share at all. Thanks for looking!

really like the way you arrange your pots with different species and genera looks very nice indeed:bigthumpup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back