What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite sarracenia species?

Hi all, i was wondering what your faorite sarracenia specius was. For me, it is S. oreophila and flavas.

For me, sarracenia minor :)

Having seen every species except S. alata and S. alabamensis in situ I would have to say S. Minor as well but S. purpurea montana and S. rubra ssp. rubra are tied for second

This can be broken down 2 ways for me:

My favorite, being that it is the nicest throughout the whole growing season, would be S. purpurea.

Then for a partial growing season (Fall), I like S. leucophylla.

I like flavas.

S. leucophylla followed closely by minor. Flavas and purps tie for third.

Sarracenia flava var. rubricorpora, followed by flava var. ornata, followed by flava var. atropurpurea.

veinless purpurea is one of my favorites.

Leucophylla 'Hurricane Creek White' and all green purpureas are my faves currently..

Toss up between alata var. nigropurpurea and alata var. atrorubra. Definitely alata though.

I think flavas are pretty cool, but also S. purpurea montana although I've never grown one.

Mine's a tie between alabamensis and jonesii. Both have incredible shape and color.

PURP..all the way, pure and simple. Just give me one of every regional variation.

Huge leucophylla fan. Big, showy, and easy.

My experience is pretty narrow since this is only my first summer growing, but I'd have to say my flava has been my favorite plant.

Back