What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF members,

Some pics of my vft's doing great receiving direct sunlight for their first time, some of them are used to it, others get filtered sun while the last clouds of winter leaves, a few more weeks and they should be ready to go outside to enjoy the full perfect sun that makes our plants shine like queens! :)

About some 200 i would say in this two long pots, to the left few droseras alba, and some more VFT's, last pot has sarracenia rubra, scarlet, 44 s.flava var atropurpurea x var ornata, leucophylla tarnok, and some unknown seedlings, some seedlings of oreophilla sand mountain and leucophylla.
pmZ4I.jpg

One of the baby VFT's, most of them are about 2.6 years old, i currently have 2 of this babies flowering:
A4cif.jpg

Red long fingers seeing for the first time sunlight since a while, and the rest of them(growing currently in artificial light)+ a bit of filter sunlight as i'm starting to introduce them more to the sun:
OQTNI.jpg

Jaws:
iOKTm.jpg

Petite dragon, smaller traps, red piranha bigger trap:
r6g3B.jpg

Dutch and dutch delight, dutch has a flower stalk, dutch delight is really a delight hehe :-))
J9xRM.jpg

FTS crimson sawtooth starting to wake up more, with a neighbor, the green worm that turns into butterflies, is it a caterpillar? anyway, it got eaten by the fts crimson sawtooth! :)
a8Mur.jpg

Sharks teeth with really sharks teeth with massive traps!
9Msa4.jpg

and a photo of them:
5JN1d.jpg

Big vigorious, haven't seen its vigor yet, nor the big, perhaps is because is a young one, but i bet it will show its vigor in summer for sure! :-D
lA3kI.jpg

Massive akay ryu+ flowering!
YbMRK.jpg

sawtooth, a very gorgeous VFT with its teeth:
a7Zti.jpg

B52, it is a young B52, and it has just big traps, but i bet it will throw their bigger traps at the end of spring and throughtout summer! :)
F2Gtz.jpg

and a random to enjoy, a ceph pitcher recently opened a week ago!
y2ak9.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful start they are getting this spring! Quite the collection!

You may want to edit out the Plant name tags though! That is free advertising my friend.

Beautiful start they are getting this spring! Quite the collection!

You may want to edit out the Plant name tags though! That is free advertising my friend.

Thank you, and how do i edit them, should i erase the labels using paint?
that is the only way i know how to, will do that right now, sorry :blush::blush::blush:

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

very nice VFTs

Thank you!

Nice plants!!!!

They look great jht-union!

Woooww.. The sand makes them look so nice :love:

Is it just me or is my sense of perception a bit screwed by your first pic of the "ridiculously long star destroyer-esque" shot of the trays where it looks like a single tray is feet upon feet upon feet long? Really how long is that puppy because I'd love a massive tray like that for my balcony too!

Thank you for the comments, they do look amazing in this set up of a very thin layer of silica on top, the rest from below is a mix of silica and peat, they seem to enjoy it at all, also the silica on top just like any white container to put plants in, keeps the over heating summer sun from penetrating the inside by reflecting the light. Though the silica might overheat, but i don't think it will have an effect on this babies.

Is it just me or is my sense of perception a bit screwed by your first pic of the "ridiculously long star destroyer-esque" shot of the trays where it looks like a single tray is feet upon feet upon feet long? Really how long is that puppy because I'd love a massive tray like that for my balcony too!

It is a 1FT long pot, it does look very long now that i look at it again, but is not!

Wonderful. I'd love to see how it looks in full growth during the summer.

I can't wait either to see how they will cover the pot nicely with millions of traps going out everywhere! :)
Thank you for the comments! :)

Back