What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7th Annual NECPS show coming up!

Now I'm definitely not handing you the keys to my car Ozzy!
Dave S is the man with the van... but he drives kinda scary:evil:

Now my feelings are hurt.

:down:

If this show is like the one 2 years ago and I'm sure it will be, it's going to be a blast.

Pshhht. 2 years ago? That show was like teatime with the African Violets compared to what this one's going to be!

It should be fun show this year and I am looking forward it. This Saturday's meeting will be a good meeting to finalize some of plans for the show.

Dave S is the man with the van... but he drives kinda scary:evil:

I'll use math to explain this one:

Massachusetts driver + night + night blindness + rain + unfamiliar roads in RI = scary

Hey everyone,
Being new to this I'm just learning about this event. Was iffy on whether or not I was to make the trip from Long Island, but after reading this, sounds like its a great time. Probably going to ferry it over to Conneticut and go from there. My brother is getting married that Saturday but I look forward to seeing you all there Sunday

Hey, we drive like we are always in a hurry, rhode island drivers are the ones that will kill you. :nono:

Trust me, you ain't missing nothing Ozzy... when you see my car you'll know what I mean

That's what the full coverage on rental cars are for.

Had a great meeting today. The countdown is on!
After the meeting I walked around the yard and came to a preliminary figure of about 32 different pots of plants I will be bringing myself. 3 or 4 of them requiring two people to carry. I'm glad I have a pickup with a cap!
JMatt

Dang, I may not be able to bring everything I'd like... just not enough room!
Maybe next year I'll rent a van.

3 or 4 plants that require two people to carry!
I'm guessing your giant Ceph tank and the huge Flytrap pot.... but what could the others be?

cool who is going

Hey everyone -

It's been a while since I've had the luxury of posting on here. They are predicting a frost here, so I covered up the flytraps and younger plants.

Jeff - I wish I had a cap for MY truck. I put everything in large bins in the bed, and the taller stuff goes in the crammed cab.

I had some pretty bad Nep setbacks this year but my Heli heterodoxa nutans has two buds about to bloom. My N. Caesar has two nice pitchers on it. My hybrid creation flytraps are doing really well too. I'm pondering the thought of naming it "Dena's Dark Dreams" Whaddaya think?

Today I got to mention the NECPS show on WTIC am 1080's Saturday Garden Talk Show at noon. I was sooooo psyched since they haven't had too many shows lately due to UCONN sports and Red Sox broadcasts. They put me right on the air no problem. Hopefully it will draw more folks to the CP show.

The NECPS decided this year that members could sell at the show, so I'm thinking about bringing some seed grown Cephs, maybe a couple of Helis, and a Hummer's Giant or two. Also some VFTs, and assorted Sarrs. Matt, aka Quogue has some totally cool shirts he'll be bringing.

Dena got a great deal on Priceline tonight - the Hilton in downtown Providence.

OK, enough jabbering...... here are some pics from last year's show:

Terraformers (I'm in the squirrel shirt):
NECPSHO8_0056.jpg

Schloaty's First Prize:
NECPSHO8_0086.jpg

N. hamata
NECPSHO8_0068.jpg

Look at those pitchers!
NECPSHO8_0019.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Quogue's Big Easy:
NECPSHO8_00336.jpg

Some Neps:
NECPSHO8_0073.jpg

Ugly Pot Contest:
NECPSHO8_0043.jpg

Joel's Sculpture Work:
NECPSHO8_0088.jpg

NECPSHO8_0058.jpg

No Fly Zone:
NECPSHO8_0035.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

The Entry:
NECPSHO8_0024.jpg

NECPSHO8_0041.jpg

NECPSHO8_0076.jpg

Members Only Silent Auction - for the REALLY GOOD STUFF:
NECPSHO8_0052.jpg

That's all the pics I have from last year.

Can't wait to see everyone again, meet new CP'rs, and check out all the fabulous plants.

Wild Bill

Hi Bill! Nice to see you around again. I'm sad to report that after three years of faithful service, the Ceph I got from you in the 2005 auction bit the dust after it started showing stress and I tried an emergency transplant. But I still have your growing guide, and I'm determined to be more aggressive with my next try.
I sure wish I could go visit the show sometime, but cross-country airfare definitely isn't in my budget any time soon. Us Pac-NWer's need to start up our own annual shindig.
~Joe

Those pics bring back such great memories Bill!

Weather looks to be pretty nice this weekend... 66F and mostly sunny on Saturday, although it looks like showers on Sunday and 69F.
Hopefully the weather holds out and it ends up being nice on Sunday after all...

Last year it rained like a monsoon and there were still loads of people through the doors!

I wanted to let folks who may be coming to the show know that after many years of showing it in the frame and being asked...

I am FINALLY creating Limited Edition Museum Quality Archival 16 x 20 Giclee prints (suitable for framing) of my illustration, 'Sarracenia leucophylla' - from a bug's eye perspective. Due to the expensive printing and set up costs, I will have very few actual posters at the show but will be taking orders.

WebPoster.jpg

It won't have the tan background with the text, but will be on white heavy archival paper.

"Giclee prints (pronounced, "gee-clay"), from the French word meaning a spray of liquid,
are created from high-resolution* digital captures of original fine artwork, and printed
with professional level 7-color to 12-colorwide format ink-jet printers using archival
quality inks. The prints can be made on various surfaces matching the original medium,
such as canvas, watercolor, and photo-base paper.

The Giclee printing process, carried out by the master technician, provides better color
accuracy than any other means of reproduction.

The quality of the Giclee print rivals traditional photographic
silver-halide and gelatin printing processes as well as lithographic reproductions.* Fine
art Giclee prints are accepted by museums, fine art galleries and photographic galleries."

The show will be a great time, hope to see lots of new and returning folks this year.

Wild Bill

oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Three more days! Just TWO unitl I leave....

I've got to get through two more days of school, and I think I'm going to pop.

Bill how much are they going for?

Dee ammm, that print is awesome. What info do you have on them if you are going to be taking orders? You wouldn't happen to have a series in mind would you? I love the wasp peering in from the rim too, incredibly personable looking wasp. I demand a print series because awesome subject materials with colors like that should not be alone!

Ugh! I think I have to go on Sunday and not Saturday, my brother has foot ball game and his school takes an out to get to. My mom didn't buy the "but this only happens once a YEAR" :( Still can't wait.

Back