What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

even though the photo period would be reduced, all the white snow outside will reflect a lot of extra light. In Minnesota you can get sunburned in winter due to the light bouncing off the snow. and as far as supplemental lighting you can get compact daylight spectrum flourescent bulb that puts out an equivalent of a 100W bulb. It only takes 23 watts though. Maybe a few in some desk lamps would help. that will be my set up, although i only have 1 nep.

February 20th 2010, NOTE: N. truncata was added, and N. spectabilis x aristolochioides was removed. The Longer days have reactivated some of my windowsill neps!

N. sanguinea making some pitchers
DSC02199.jpg

N. truncata and first pitcher on the sill
DSC02202.jpg

DSC02207.jpg

N. ventricosa Finally Pitchered!
DSC02205.jpg

DSC02203.jpg

Growing area, wasn't very sunny today..
DSC02208.jpg

DSC02210.jpg

The other neps need a few more weeks of more sun to be picture ready! Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
carnivoure12 said:
N. sanguinea making some pitchers

Some would be an understatement! I see three developing all at once. :)

Those Neps sure enjoy the view, huh? :-O

Update! March 17th/2010

DSC02233.jpg

You grow a N. rafflesiana on your windowsill? Ha, and they told me that it couldn't be done!

Yes, it only pitchers in the summer though, it needs longer light hours to pitcher.

Looking good there Carn.

With the longer daylengths, your window sill growers are gonna be puttin' on quite a show soon enough.

Hope you have a great growin' season in the coming months!

Update

N. truncata Getting a good size!
DSC02270.jpg

DSC02269.jpg

N. 'Lady Pauline', oh yeah come to daddy ;)
DSC02267.jpg

DSC02265.jpg

N. x mixta, inflating 2 pitchers finally! These are more for the colour of the leaves
DSC02263.jpg

More Updates to come.. Come on N. rafflesiana!!!

A quick update to this thread! I am quite excited with what the rest of the season holds.

Lets Start with the most beautiful gender-confused guy, N. 'Lady Pauline', truly a spectacular hybrid:
DSC02322.jpg

And, here's my N. x mixta, returning from 9 month non pitchering period, and it coming along well, the beast is back! I'll get a better picture when it fully opens, as I would currently have to rotate the whole table its on to avoid damging the plant.

DSC02323.jpg

:0o:
That Sir/Lady Paul/Pauline ;) pitcher is stunning! Looks like the 'experiment' is a huge success, Carn!

I love the N. 'Lady Pauline'!

They are looking good, especially cross-dresser N. 'Lady Pauline'!

Your window sill experiment plants have adapted nicely and are looking most impressive Carn.

Not only was the experiment a success, but it looks like you have found yourself a magic window there as well.

dvg

How is the N. rafflesiana doing ?

Should be called "Queen Pauline"! :jester:
That one has come along very nice.

Nice :)
I'm planning to get a N. rafflesiana myself too and don't have the perfect environment for it.

A small update:

A new pitcher on my N. rafflesiana

DSC00106.jpg

N. spectabilis x aristolochioides, finally doing something! :)
DSC00109.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

It's official.. I'm moving my GH to the windowsill!!

Oh wow, everything is fantastic!! You're doing such a great job, Carn- I can't believe I've never seen this before! :drool:

It's hard to believe you grow these on a windowsill! They're simply amazing!

Back