What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visit to Lens Lake, NY Photos

Hi everybody,

A few days ago I visited Lens Lake, NY in the Adirondacks, hearing that there were carnivorous plants there. It is in the middle of nowhere, but plenty to see. There is a quaking bog there (visible from the road, but hard to see too many carnivorous plants as the shoreline is all private), and a public parking area/canoe launch, which was covered in sundews.

Here is a view of the quaking bog:

lens1.jpg

Here is a S. Purpurea Purpurea - the only one that was really visible from the dirt road, but there are plenty more in the quaking bog, you can make out the flowers.

pitcher1.jpg

The next photos are near the canoe launch. I'm fairly sure this is D. Rotundifolia:

sundew3.jpg

And another:

sundew4.jpg

But right next to those is another species - I believe this is D. Intermedia - please correct me if I'm wrong. I have yet to see two sundew species in the same place, so this may be a first.

sundew1.jpg

and

sundew2.jpg

Enjoy!
Jeremy

Seemed like a nice trip, thanks for sharing :)

Welcome to TF! Nice scenery. You're on the other side of the State from me (Buffalo area). and to think I used to go down to your area from Plattsburgh after the end of the schoolyear with a buddy to do some fishing - and I never saw CP's....

Looks awsome, thanks for sharing.

Those sarrs always look beautiful in the wild.

Great pics!

Back