What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very sad day

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
Yesterday my husband, Dory, had a collision in the FIAT. Unfortunately, he did not survive the accident. I was at the hospital when he left.

For those near enough to come, we are arranging services. I will try to take some pictures for those a little too far away. There was a short, uninteresting ARTICLE in this morning's newspaper. Some sharp-eyed Free Masons spied it before I could tell them, and they've been a HUGE help, along with the yacht club, FIAT club, glider club (yeah, lots of clubs) and other friends and family. Thanks to all that have (and will) called, texted, e-mailed, FaceBooked, chat boxed and other wise communicated with me. It's been helping a lot. Just getting the word out seems to help some, too.

Here are a few pictures that have been shared with me from various sources, mostly the Potter Yachters and one from a soaring buddy, including a couple of mine.

1354242583.jpg

D7D52B2C-D3AC-49FD-8F84-873CFCDA218A-3392-000003F856C0F922.jpg

5D6FE762-AF5A-4688-9FC8-E15CD0B3774F-3392-000003F26BDAC0B8.jpg

052.jpg

247.jpg

134-2.jpg

161.jpg

61eaa00c.jpg

256.jpg

056-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. :( May your husband rest in peace.

That is so terrible. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'm so sorry Katie. I cannot immagine losing someone like that. If there is anything I can do to help don't hesitate to ask

Aww I'm so sorry to hear about this. My thoughts are with you.
Andrew

Sorry to hear about your loss our thoughts are with you and your family.

My condolences. I wish you strength (with the support of friends) in the time ahead.

Katie, I'm so sorry for you loss. You are in my thoughts.

I am very sorry to hear it Lil. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Dory must have been a great man to have such a circle of friends and a lucky man to have you. I hope you find some peace and like Mason said if there is anything we can do....

I'm so sorry to hear this! My family and I will keep you and your family in our prayers. :(

I'm terribly sorry to hear that Lil. I know you two were so close in doing everything together. I hope you have other relatives close to be with you at this heavy time.

it looks like you two had one hell of a good time together and didnt waste a minute.

so sorry it happened so suddenly and painfully. my thoughts are with you.

Ohhhh my god Katie I'm so sorry!! This is so horrible! :hug:

I've had several immediate family members die, even in my young age, so I know something of the pain you must be experiencing. :(

I empathise with you, and wish you the best as you work through this hard time.

Sounds like you have a lot of good support :hug:

I am incredibly saddened to read this. I will send my thoughts your way.
I wish I could say more to give some sort of comfort.

Dear Katie, I am very sorry that this has happened and I wish the best for you. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

My sincerest condolences, Katie. You both seemed to be making the most of life, which is all anyone can do.

SO very sorry to hear that news. My sincerest condolences . . .

I'm very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. If there is anything I can do, just ask. :hug:

Back