What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. albomarginata 'Green'

100_3998.jpg

100_4000.jpg

N. albomarginata 'Red'

100_3991.jpg

N. mirabilis x ampullaria rooted cutting

100_3859-1.jpg

100_4010.jpg

N. mirabilis x tobaica

100_3996.jpg

N. ramispina 'Genting'

100_3992.jpg

N. sanguinea 'Orange'

100_3995.jpg

N. splendiana x (rokko x stenophylla)

100_3977.jpg

100_3987.jpg

N. splendiana x hookeriana

100_4005.jpg

N. splendiana x (tiveyi x veitchii)

100_3976.jpg

N. splendiana x ventricosa

100_3953.jpg

N. stenophylla looking like it'll pull through..

100_4018.jpg

100_4015.jpg

N. x koto 'Effulgent'

100_4019.jpg

N. ventricosa 'Wide Mouth'

100_3861-1.jpg

Looking promising! Good work with the albos.

Thanks.. my albo 'Kuching Spotted' is starting to show growth now too!!

How in the hell do you manage to have the space for all these? I'm running out of room in my area for just 12 plants!

Would you mind taking a snapshot of your general grow area? Or is it just that your house is just filled with Nep stations?

lol.. I only have 45 neps, 14 species of dews, 8 species of pings, and 2 varieties of cephalotus. But sure, I'll go snap some pics of the green room for you.

lol.. I only have 45 neps, 14 species of dews, 8 species of pings, and 2 varieties of cephalotus. But sure, I'll go snap some pics of the green room for you.

Jesus. AND ONLY ONE GIRLFRIEND?!

Haha where do you find the time man. My lady always be on my back and shizz about how into my plants I am. Lol even so much I'm even part of an online community no less.

Seriously nice plants though and some of those cuttings prove the amazing survivability of these plants.

lol Chris, i guess MM and i are just lucky to have women who love our plants just as much as we do!
if im ever just taking a nap and i wake up, i can often find my fiancee poking around at my plants...lol

Jesus. AND ONLY ONE GIRLFRIEND?!

Haha where do you find the time man. My lady always be on my back and shizz about how into my plants I am. Lol even so much I'm even part of an online community no less.

Seriously nice plants though and some of those cuttings prove the amazing survivability of these plants.

Yeah, and she's a handful.. I've got way too much time on my hands. I'm retired, so the roaches, tarantulas, and plants help to fill my days. And "..proves the amazing survivability of these plants". What's that supposed to mean? Are you saying I'm a plant killer or my growing conditions suck!?!? sheesh.. j/k

Here's some pics for you though..

100_4145.jpg

100_4144.jpg

100_4143.jpg

100_4115.jpg

100_3918-1.jpg

100_3954.jpg

100_4114.jpg

100_4113.jpg

100_4119.jpg

117.jpg

100_4120.jpg

100_4139.jpg

100_4124.jpg

100_4121.jpg

100_4125.jpg

100_4127.jpg

100_4129.jpg

100_4132.jpg

100_4126.jpg

100_4130.jpg

100_4135.jpg

100_4136.jpg

100_4138.jpg

Last edited:
WUT. 0__0

Dude. Wow. So is that where the Morel/Red LFS money goes to!

DONATE TO CHRIS. Seriously though that is an aweesome setup, you almost have like a Nep Depot feel to the thing.

I salute you man, you have the best of everything!

The woman, the plants, the lighting, supplies, and the renewable source of income right outside the door!

My girlfriend seriously thinks it's ridiculous that I spend like 80-100 bucks on an order of CP's. You on the other hand...

Honostly I don't really spend hardly anything on CP's. I like to consider myself a "Jack of all Trades". Get it.. jack of all 'trades'? lol.. I crack myself up.

Lol yeah tis a shame I ordered from that New England crap before I figured I could just trade my plants I liked less for them. I'm actually willing to hock my entire sarr collection for some T5 lighting/RO filter now that I think about it.

I got all my lighting and fixtures for free.. You'd be amazed at all the crap my father has laying around in his basement.

I don't have the room for the big T12's so I stick to CFL's, easier to stock up on bulbs too. Not sure my family notices they're only getting 3/5 of the CFL's they buy at OSH...

Is all that live sphag collected or grown? You have like specimen quality plants even though all you did was repot a couple cutting you have. They're all really presentably even though I'm assuming you don't really arrange them to be that way.

Lol I didn't mean anything by the survivability comment. There was once a time when I thought all neps were terrarium queens that needed stable conditions, and a few years later here I am watching perfectly good plants get chopped into pieces, mailed across the country, repotted, and growing just as large as they were before in a short amount of time. Kind of a mind trip.

The sad thing is that even when your house gets packed wall to wall with plants, you still have the outside of your house to surround with these things. Have you ever thought about what your situation would look like in a couple years when these guys vine out? 0__0

Seriously nice collection dude.

Ok, now I understand how your retired so young.

i think he was referring to the comment you made about your inheritance and how on your profile it says (retired,disabled).

ahh.. I retired 3 years ago, but didn't get the inheritance until a month ago.

Back