What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got a good list of plants in today.. but only took pics of a select few. Here's what I got and the pics I took:

N. ampullaria "Bau Spotted"
N. maxima
N. miranda
N. rafflesiana
N. eustachya
N. kampotiana
N. ramispina 'Genting'
N. talangensis
N. thorelii x wittei
N. leessii
N. tobaica x talangensis
D. dichotoma 'Giant'
P. gigantea

First.. the grow box got so crowded I had to move the humidifier out, and run a fog tube instead.

And now for the extreme crowdedness..

I really like this pic.. N.raff with N.albo 'Green' in the back. May use this as the headlining pic in my CP section of the website.

N. maxima

N. rafflesiana #2

N. tobaica x talangensis

N. ramispina

D. dichotoma 'Giant' ~ toppling over

D. roseana

D. scorpiodes w/ capensis babies & scorpiodes babies

D. venusta ~ MY FAVORITE DEW!! So I took lots of pics.. Looks sugar coated in person.

P. gigantea

Will this work for leaf pullings? They keep rotting and dying off.. What am I doing wrong?

P. aphrodite

New P. moranensis I got yesterday for $2.00

beautiful ,:hail:
I want to know, too what is that ominous looking fog tube attached? It looks quite effective:-O. Could you take a picture of your pipe work from the side of your setup, and share the hook up details with us.:0o:

I want to know, too what is that ominous looking fog tube attached? It looks quite effective:-O. Could you take a picture of your pipe work from the side of your setup, and share the hook up details with us.:0o:

I too am also wondering about this. I really need help on connecting the pipe to the humidifier opening and to the tank...

Nothing special.. just a little something I whipped up in the aisle at HomeDepot. :blush: The opening is 1 1/4", so I used a 1 1/2" inner PVC connection, and just cut the other end off to fit inside the 1 1/2" tube.
Also, I have the humidifier set on a timer. It comes on for 15 min. every hour..

I have the same damn humidifier too. Its different in that the whole on the humidifier is oval...

That's strange.. mine is round and that piece fits it perfectly. Did it come with a plug for the hole?

I keep seeing this humidifier in your posts pumping out wonderous amounts of fog, id break down your doors and get at it if i could:0o: just kidding, there just isnt anything like this on the market i can find under 80 bucks or so, or even for 80 bucks or so LOL. nice set up guy
And your collection is getting most impressive :-D

I got it at Walgreens for $35 almost 8 years ago.. lol And yes, IT PUMPS OUT FOG LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE!!

1 word: QUARANTINE

Crowded grow tanks are the perfect environment for thrips, aphids, scale, and much more!

Make sure they don't get stressed (lack of water, lack of light) and then the pests will have a harder time attacking them.

Nice plants!

I don't think the N. Maxima you have pictured is actually N. Maxima at all. It looks a lot like N. x velvet/N. x gentle (same difference.) I'd put a picture up of my identical lower pitchers, but my camera is broke. I would say with 97% assurance that that is not a pure N. Maxima.

(lack of water, lack of light)

Nice plants!

As you can see.. there's plenty of water for the plants. The humidifier does it's job. Not sure if you can tell, but the mirrors are even fogged up. And I've got LOT'S of light in there for them. Even adding 2 more in a week or so to give them some extra love.

At the rate you're going at, Massmorels, I'd be scared to see what your growspace looks like in two months. o_O

Lucky you, too. I have been looking for a leesii for a long time. :)

You da man, man.

Those venustas kick serious butt. I've never seen a sundew so candy-colored before. I don't think "red" can get any brighter than that.

You're gonna have to buy a second house for your plants. ;)

Why is everyone so obssessed with fogging their plants, in an enclosed terrarium no less? It's more likely to cause more problems than you might think it is solving. Unless you are growing your plants out in the open air in a desert or pumping in cold dehumidified air from an AC unit, it really shouldn't be necessary at all.

Incredible, at the rate your going how will you pay for food? Seems like you have something coming in every day. I wish my collection was as crowded as that.

Incredible, at the rate your going how will you pay for food? Seems like you have something coming in every day. I wish my collection was as crowded as that.

Only thing I really bought was the 2 N.albomarginatas.. Everything else I got in trades.

You da man, man.

You're gonna have to buy a second house for your plants. ;)

Aww.. shucks. :blush: I know!

I'm picking up the frame for my 24' x 36' greenhouse later this week!!

At the rate you're going at, Massmorels, I'd be scared to see what your growspace looks like in two months. o_O

Lucky you, too. I have been looking for a leesii for a long time. :)

I'm slowing down on the Neps now.. for obvious reasons. :blush:

And I got 2 cuttings of leessii going, not sure if one is going to make it. But hey, if they do well just hit me up in the future. I'm a share bear.. :-D

Why is everyone so obssessed with fogging their plants, in an enclosed terrarium no less?

It's easy, it works, and it's all I have.. My plants are happy and so am I.

Works to do what? really.. I don't understand. What is it you are trying to accomplish by wetting everything with fog 4 times an hour? I really don't see the benefit in an enclosed terrarium which is most likely plenty humid enough for them without adding the fog. It is enclosed is it not? Or am I missing something?? About the only thing I can see it promoting is excessivly wet potting mix which could cause root rot and wet leaves which is the perfect environment for plant disease. So no offense but you have not had your plants long enough to know if they are happy yet. Give them 6 months or more then you will know. I guess time will tell!

tony you do have a good point. i guess it really depends on the climate where you live in.
from where i live, we get really hot and dry summers, and with my terrarium on the windowsill, i dont think the water at the bottom of the terrarium can provide sufficient local humidity for my tank. especially when the summer nights approach, i think my highlanders will appreciate the cooling and moistening effects that the mister gives.

I can see if you don't have a lid on top under the lights and moisture is lost out the top or maybe exhaust fans removing the humid air and excess heat, you would want to replace it with some cool humid air.

I think many though don't give Nepenthes credit for their ability to grow and pitcher just fine in fairly dry air and automatically think they need to be growing their plants in a cloud in order to make them happy and pitcher.

Back