What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

taking stock of the bogs

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Finally had a chance to take stock of the bogs..first chance since uncovering them a couple of weeks ago.
:boogie: EVERY flava and rubra sarr I have are putting up flowers
:boogie: The Jonesii is pushing up 2 obvious new growth points
??? The minors don't look too happy..no new growth showing when every other sarr has now leaves forming
:censor: something has eaten and/or stolen every temperate sundew and every VFT from the front barrel and minibogs.

??? The minors don't look too happy..no new growth showing when every other sarr has now leaves forming
I seem to recall that my minors were the last flowers of the spring each year ...

Yes, mine flowered in late June last year.

Hi Chibae

Glad to hear that teh plants are doing so well, dont worry too much about the minors, mine are outside and are nearly always the last to do anything, being upto 4 weeks behind the others.

Dont give up on the temperate sundews either, they may just have died back to their roots, mine do, and could reappear later in April/May. It is just possible that teh VFts have done the same, but unlikely if there are no signs of dead/old leaves.

cheers
Steve

Back