What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Bay Area CP show

• Thread starter huy716
  • Start date
The show on this past Satuday was pretty successful. Vendors and visitors please us your feed back on what worked or didn't work. Here are a few pictures for those who couldn't attend.

Sales outside
IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

Display inside
IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

Raffles
IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

Oh, it's so lovely!!! Looks like everyone had a grand time.
*sighs wistfully* Friends....someday again, I shall be there.

~whimper~ ~sob~ Everyone looks so happy.. and warm.. and happy.

@mass: hahahaha. actually....it was cold. and windy. :p

What's cold for you? Florida? ;)

Only after 3:00PM, when the wind picked up a little. Up until then the day was perfect.

Awww it's my internet friends IRL! It looks nice... I'm going to have to go to the BACPS summer show and sale for sure! I really wish I could bring some plants for show, but I really don't want to deal with an unwieldy pot on the plane and traumatizing them like that :( Would you guys come down if I tried to do something like that for San Diego? There really aren't CP vendors that I know here, but maybe I could lure some brom/tilly/chid people?

I like the mini bogs from different areas of the world.

@mass: hahahaha. actually....it was cold. and windy. :p

Oh yeah, freezing I'm sure.. in your T-shirts and shorts. :rolleyes: It snowed yesterday.. so no whining about the chilly 70* weather and wind.

OMG is that amphirion in pic #10? Is that brokken in the green shirt :)

Looked like fun! wish we had something like that around here.

Had an awesome time! I don't know what you guys are saying I thought the weather was great! It's always good to get to see all the locals. It was a long drive for me but worth it. Plus I hit IKEA on the way home. ;)

Thez_yo, we don't have that many CP show around like the orchid shows. If you organize a Cp show in your area, I certain there will be local growers who love to come.

Thez: I would recommend getting in touch with the LACPS group and see if maybe they can help organize something in the SD area. At worst, they might be able to give you some pointers on putting together an event in your area.

Hmm.. I know the perfect space, it's actually getting other cp/nep people interested, and making time... it just doesn't seem like there's that many down here like there are in the Bay Area.

I see that you couldn't get my picture. :D

I had a wonderful time. There were some nice plants for sale (even some northianas and campanulatas), fantastic show plants, and lots of friendly faces. I hope that we can have more South Bay meetings in the future!

I had a really good time too
Will gladly drive that far when there is another

Last edited:
Back