What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's start with some unusual hybrids.

N. eyvelospama (N. (eymae x veitchii) x (lowii x (spathulata x maxima)). The peristome starts out a little stripey but quickly gets this solid bronze color. The next leaf and tendril are MUCH bigger so I'm looking forward to a big next pitcher.

NEyvelospama2.jpg

Here's N. Splendiana x Judith Finn. Did anyone else get these to grow? I got seeds, and this was the only one that survived of the two seeds that germinated. It's got nice, elegant pitchers though!
NSplendianaxJudithFinn2.jpg

About the same time as I got the above seeds, I got N. Splendiana x Mixta, which I know some others are growing too. This one might be a classic - the deep red really pops in person:
NSplendianaxMixta3.jpg

Another seed batch where I got ONE to live, N. spectabilis x (thorellii x aristo)
Nspectabilisxthorelliixaristo.jpg

Here are three clones of N. ventricosa x lowii:

First, the N. Peter D'Amato clone:
NxPeterDAmato.jpg

Then. N. Atlanta Giant:
NxAtlantaGiant.jpg

Finally, a male sibling to the above clones, (unnamed, so just N. ventricosa x lowii).
Nventricosaxlowiimale.jpg

An here are some plants out on my deck. It's November so they are not exactly pitchering much right now, but they still grow vigorously. It's funny, these are some of the best growing plants I have, and they are outside year round and my only care is to water them with a hose with city water. It's been years, so I think they're OK with it. Shown are N. ventricosa x aristolochioides (the big one on the left), N. truncata x aristolochioides (broad leaf on right) and a bedraggled N. khasiana.
Nventricosaxaristolochioides.jpg

Finally, a couple quick species:
N. truncata QxK
NtruncataQxK4.jpg

N. platychilla:
Nplatychilla.jpg

N. spectabilis
Nspectabilis.jpg

:love:
Wowwwwwwwww, very nice!
That platychila..is just...stunning!
But then again, so's everything you pictured ;P

Nice to see your pics again Max. Been a long while. How are things?

that atlanta giant is nice :) (the other stuff too :p)

Nice pics and plants!

Love the platy..

love everything but your N. Splendiana x Mixta looks amazing

:drool: um...can I trade you all of my plants for all of your plants? :love:

Beautiful plants, Max!

ohhh boy! The QxK is starting to show its true colors!

Nice looking plants ! I have to agree about the N. spendiana x mixta too. Mine are all looking really nice and colorful. So far 2 males.... They have a nice rosette ta boot and seem to hold it their shape pretty long before wanting to vine.

Wow....I get the impression that that baby truncata is gonna look like it's mother. :-O

Back