What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadecloth

I added a new shadecloth to my greenhouse to cut down on the direct sunlight it receives. Hopefully this will keep it cooler and prevent the gross amount of evaporation currently happening in there - not to mention less than-ideal conditions for my neps.

greenhouseshadecloth.jpg

Wouldn't it keep more of the heat out if you put it on the outside of the glass?
~Joe

PS - Nice greenhouse, of course. Trying not to let my envy roll out of my mouth. :p

I love those heli's in the back...

and yes I thought it would work better on the outside too, but I don't know anything about this stuff....

Wouldn't it keep more of the heat out if you put it on the outside of the glass?
~Joe

PS - Nice greenhouse, of course. Trying not to let my envy roll out of my mouth. :p

Joe,

You're absolutely right. I just decided to do it on the inside for aesthetic reasons.

-B-

i found some fairly nice shade cloth at w-mart here in my area ,they had a bin with all the the ness. parts (I.E.)shadeclloth and hammer together grommets , 6' x 12'. think it was about 16.00, which was better than the 25.00 to 50.00 it was going to cost to order something for my small GH.
i just put on the west end so i can get good morning light :-D, and i did place the GH so the evening sun say after 5 is shaded by large trees on the west side of the yard.
IMG_2263.jpg
IMG_2264.jpg

omg uphwiz I want your yard!

Are those disa's in the back left corner?

Back