What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

recent announcement from Redfern

Copied and pasted from email announcement for those who didnt get it

Dear valued customers,

As you may be aware, I have been assisting a non-profit conservation effort to help the protection of the Tepuis - the spectacular "lost worlds" of Venezuela that are home to Heliamphora, and other incredible wildlife, much of which is found no where else on Earth.

Part of the project was to produce a non-profit conservation documentary to raise awareness of the incredible diversity of life found atop of Mount Roraima, and to highlight the conservation concerns that afflict this spectacular lost worlds.

It is my pleasure to invite you to the world premier of the film in London at the Royal Geographical Society on September 13th, 2011.

The event will be hosted by Michael Palin (presenter for many travel documentaries and lead in Monty Python) who is the president of the Royal Geographical Society.

Sir David Attenborough has also agreed to attend, if his filming commitments allow. He will be joined by some well known television presenters and personalities who will be amongst the first to view some world exclusive footage of when Jimmy Angel discovered the legendary Angel Falls, amongst incredible material of rare carnivorous plants, spectacular animals and the strangest landscapes on the planet.

The project, and the premier are both non-profit making. However, the conservation group behind the project does have to hire the RGS venue, and to cover costs, it is asking just £15.00 per ticket per person – available at http://lostworld.eventbrite.com . V.I.P. tickets, which include a drinks and canapés reception and the opportunity to meet our specially invited guests are priced at £50.00 and can be ordered by calling 0207 609 6775 and quoting 'Lost World'.

I really hope to see you at the premier. It will be a night to remember!

Kind regards to you all,

Stewart McPherson

Redfern Natural History Productions

www.redfernnaturalhistory.com

OMG I wish I could go :cry:

Curse my metal mags UK writer, he doesn't care about plants at all. Otherwise I could buy his ticket and send him in there to cover it for us.

Maybe when he's supposed to leave on Wednesday I can leave in his place and he can stay here and do my crappy job and I'll go off hob nobbin' with the upper crusts of the plant world! LOL

Oliver Twist comes to mind....
".....got to pick pocket or twooooooo"

it's is all a conspiracy for the poms to get back at the yanks i tell ya :p

omg! That would be so amazing to go to!!

yeah...wish to go too...plane tickets are basically what's keeping me. :p

just for laughs and giggles i did a quick check....

roundtrip with a couple nights in a decent motel via orbits and expedia

2.5k-ish

ugh..... have to wait for DVD, just wont be the same
(looks longingly at a full size poster of Michael Palin and Sir David, someday we will meet LOL)

heheheh so wrong on so many levels
:p

Back