What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

69 looks like winner to me :-))

Wow Ron. Seriously, you continue to out-do yourself. You are maybe the best there ever was. :-))

Awesome Ron, thanks for the opportunity!

My apologies if I've screwed up but it appears that the following folks don't meet the entry criteria:

- NewspaperFort - items earned less than cutoff
- Jcal - no item listed in NASC

Please either revise your entry or post a link showing that you are indeed eligible.

Thank you Ron for this offer!

23, 77

Ron, please excuse this clutter as I'm not entering. Just wanted to say, you're clearly the man.

#9, please.

Really great idea, and a completely unexpected benefit of donating. It was my first time (and you never forget your first :) ). I only wish I was ready to divide and pot up my Sarr collection before the auction. Will have to plan around it next year.

I've been to Boiling Springs, and I'm pleased that my two plants raised a total of $38 towards the cause.

11 Thanks, you are awesome!

Just echoing what has already been said, thanks Ron. Your generosity is one of a kind and deeply appreciated my friend. All the more reason to donate, what an awesome idea!

Last edited:
Cheers to Ron for the kind offer

:)

Last edited:
Tempting as the selection is I choose not to participate. My plant "greed" days are years in the past. And knowing that in a small way my plants are contributing demonstratively to conservation is enough reward in itself.

Ron should be an example to us all. He manages to distribute often rare and very desirable material in a fair manner without a lot of fanfare and self-serving hoopla. He regularly contributes to the seed banks and does giveaways on the various primary CP related sources, often covering the shipping costs himself.

Last edited:
Exemplary as always Ron. Bob Hanrahan's number is 4. I'd like 25 please, since that one will win ;)

Now that Andrew seems to be mostly done with his forum-hiding delay tactics, it's time to unveil the winners. In anticipation of the forums returning to functionality, I created a grid w/ Random.org yesterday after 6pm. I'll post this grid and then go through & try to figure out the winners (& edit this post with the info).
NASCpost-auctiongiveawayrandomnumbers.jpg

Well, it looks like the winners are:

1st JRFxtreme (with number 10)
2nd Brie (with number 42)
3rd afrodisa (with number 69)

Ok - I can't say I thought this part out too well ... Hmmm --- we can either go sequentially (which may take a while) or the 3 winners can just post their selections in order of priority (Brie can post her 1st & 2nd choices if JRF hasn't posted yet & afrodisa can post his 1st, 2nd & 3rd choices if the other two haven't posted yet).

Congratulations to the winners & to everyone who participated in this giveaway & especially for everyone's great generosity with their support of the NASC auction & it's beneficiaries. :hail:
--------
Please feel free to check to ensure I didn't make a mistake anywhere ... (Comment: Dex - looks like you picked a duplicate number - but it wasn't selected anyway...)

Last edited:
I think I won first pick. Is that right?

Awesome! I choose the small D. graomogolensis if that's okay with you. ;)

I was outbid on this one during the NASC auction. What luck! Thank you very much, Ron.

Woah! I won something?! WOO IM SO EXCITED!

I would love option #1, the Brunswick Beauty with D. hybrida! THANK YOU SO MUCH RON! :hail: I was going to bid on the Brunswick in the auction but didnt get a chance to. This makes my week!

Congrats to the winners and a big Thank You to RL.

Congrats to the winner, and again, massivesuperhugeamazing props to Ron!

Back