What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My plants in and out of my home.

Some of my cacti.
110-1040_IMG.JPG

African Violets rescued from near death at the grocery store. CP aren't the only plants they can kill.
110-1049_IMG.jpg

Bird of Paradise, got 1gallon pot with 3 plants that weren't in good condition at all but were at a giveaway price. So I decided to save it. Now bigger and split growth into many plants which flower best when crowded.
BOP.jpg

BOP2.jpg

Hydrangea decided to go all out last year.
HYD.jpg

Bromeliad, Billbergia nutans. Got as a yellowing plant but decided to save it. Flowers after winter and makes pups like crazy!
Photo below is of a pup divided off the mother plant last year. Soon after division it made pups. Now this divison and one of the pups are blooming in the same time!? Quite strange as Bromeliad only bloom once at the end of there life.
BROM.jpg

Last and certainly not least... in your people's opinion anyway. Sarracenia Flava that split up growth into multiple points instead of one large one with 3'+ pitchers with 3" mouths. Still nice, but I miss those huge pitchers!!!
sad.gif

110-1051_IMG.JPG

110-1059_IMG.JPG

Thanks for Looking! More to come soon!
Joe

(Edited by Statik2426 at 6:22 pm on May 8, 2002)

Nice pics Joe! The bird of paradise is really looking good. I'll post some pics here  in a few days too. hehehe! But...err...the last pic.... You focused on the ground behind the flava pitchers! Bummer!  That happens to me all the time. Do you think you can take another pic of the flava's? That would be cool.
smile.gif

Joel

I'll try taking it again. The photo looked fine on the 2" digital camer screen. Should've checked first!

I removed the bad photo and took 2 new clearer but darker ones.

In the second S. Flava photo, there's a bug on the second pitcher from the left! Shorty after taking the picture, the bug fell in.
smile.gif

Beautiful plants and photos, Statik. :) I think I have the same African violet as yours (first on the left). Its a nice one.

Suzanne

Statik2426,
Excellent pics of your plants. :biggrin:

Are Birds of Paradise hard to grow because I don't see anyone growing them because they are tropical plants? Excellent pics.
wink.gif

Nice pics Joe, what camera are you using?

eplants Strelitzia's (sp?) which are bird-of-paradise are not tropical. They won't flower for me here in Bali. I beleive they like it a bit cooler. One of the other guys that works with me here grew them commercially in Perth, Western Australia. The climate there is called Meditteranean, hot dry summers, VERY low humidity, and cool (about 17C max and 5C min) wet winters.

They grow realy well in those conditions.

Cheers, fatboy.

They sure look tropical but there not! Flower after winter for me when they are pot bound. I repotted last year and got no blooms.
sad.gif
I only have 2 flowers this year, but better than none! The best flowers i've gotten from these guys was the first year they flowered and I had about 10 flowers. Some of the flowers even flowered again on a new stem after the old one died by growing a new stem off the old one. Kind of like Phalaenopsis orchids. Beautiful plants, but need to be near a building wall during winter to help against frost.

Hey Joe, all (I disappeared for a while)

Thanks for the pics! And it appears you, Suzanne, and I all have that same Saintpaulia on the far left :shocked:...anyone know the name?

Chris

If you know if it's from Optimara's, I was told mine was "Natasha".
natasha.jpg

Hmmm...so the above pic is 'Natasha?' Not the blue one I mentioned? I did not know it was from Optimara.

Chris

(whistle) Man, I LOVE the bromiliads! To your pitchers flower/ seed? I'd love some seeds for SASE!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To your pitchers flower/ seed? I'd love some seeds for SASE![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Seed of pitcher plants? Sorry no blooms this year! They produced new growth points resulting in smaller but more vigorous plants. Maybe they'll bloom next spring when I divide them. I have a new photos of the plant,(it's much larger&#33
wink.gif
but "paint" refuses to save pictures in jpg format for some reasom. I can only save in bmp which makes the files too large.

I have tons of new non-cp plant photo's to post once I get the problem fixed. It might not be soon though.
sad.gif

Back