What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month contest September 09 winners/comments!

1st place. Dexenthes with his entry of a Nepenthes bicalcarata
SANY0110.jpg

Dexenthes - way to go man, youve really proved to people that regardless of your climate, if you put the effort into it, you can grow w.e you damn well please, this is also quite a stunning pitcher and i love the coloration.
2nd place. Jmatt with his entry of a Nepenthes truncata x xTrusmadiensis
ntruncataxtrusmadensis6.jpg

Jmatt, you have some amazing plants, but this my friend is one of the nicest of this group ive seen, it has so much potential, keep me updated as it matures, i love the slight toothyness of the peristome along with its flare. Very nicely grown, now keep the mice away from this one too ;)
Tied in 3rd place is Nepfreak and Jeremiah with an N. sabre and N. hamata upper pitcher
First off, Nepfreak with the N. xSabre
IMG_2704.jpg

I guess your winning twice this month with the same plant. I just cant get over the color of the pitcher, quite amazingly well grown.
Next, Jeremiah with his hamata upper.
2009-9-16_Nepenthes_hamata%20(1).JPG

Jeremiah, i really am not a big fan of hamata uppers, but this one has some sort of grace and elegance to it. You really captured the pitcher quite well in your photos, great job man.
Special Honors to

Ant - his N. deroose Alata,
Picture051.jpg

man again, not too big of a fan of ventrata or w.e the hell this thing is, but you took quite an amazing photo of it, send me a PM with your addy and ill get you some D. intermedia seed

and many thanks to all of the participants of this months contest, i will definitely keep contests going but i dont believe i will always have a prize to give out. If someone would like to contribute and donate prizes, it would be much appreciated!
Congrats again guys, and good growing!

I don't actually have room for the seeds, I just wanted to show it off. Its one of the few pitchers it actually made this year. Thanks though!

Alright Ant, thats fine :) thanks for participating.

Congratulations, you guys. :)

Tied in 3rd in three competitions. Magic number!
Congrats on your win with the Jamban in CPIT sirkristoff. If that jamban's winning that contest now, I'd like to see what it does when it's older!
I don't need any more intermedia seeds. You can give them to the next runner up, or do whatever you see fit with them.

Sweet beans! I was not at all expecting to win, especially with a line up like September's. :D :D Glad you liked it, and without the nectar yet even too.

Back