What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our baby entered the world early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew,

I know you've received lots of sentiment here. I feel bad not posting as of yet, but the people at our office have read the post and no one was quite sure what was appropriate to say. So on behalf of all of us, you and your family are in our thoughts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ Feb. 05 2004,07:19)]well, Rampuppy just learned that speed reading the forums can sometimes bite you in the butt...    consider my foot in mouth all the way  up to the hip.

I only hope you can cherish what time you have.  Every moment is a gift.
You are soooo correct man.   Today he is two weeks old which is just amazing since Trisomy 18 kids generally don't even make it to birth.   He is very much so a fighter.  
The other day we were at the hospital until about 2 am and the next morning we got a call at about 9 am saying we needed to get there soon, as Canden wasn't looking good at all.   When we got there he was kindof a blue/gray kinda color and we decided to do "kangaroo care" with mom. Which is you with your shirt off and the baby laying chest to chest on you.  I sat right to the side of them and monitored the breathing tube etc etc, well there is this little tube they put down the breathing tube and then put suction on to suck out any yuckies that get in the tube.  When I glanced over that little tube was about 2.5 inches down the breathing tube.   ...I pulled it out.    It didn't take very long at all until all his color came back.  I still can't monitor a few of the readings since they took them off when  they "got really bad" but my assumption is that they are no where near where they were.   I mentioned it to his nurse and she said it was no problem.  I mentioned it to the next nurse and she said "that might had been it" but simply released the info I gave her.  Then last night I mentioned it to another nurse and she said she was going to mention it to one of the higher people.  So, I guess they will come talk to me about that today.

Thanks again all for all the thoughts and wishes.   We are currently spending all of our time at the hospital and that one night with the big scare we even slept at the hospital.  That fold out couch wasn't so comfy.  
wow.gif

Andrew

Sounds like you are getting quite the education.  I'm a nurse & when our son was born with a lot of problems, I learned even more.  (Like even though I hated doing suctioning when it comes to your kid you, well,  just suck it up & do it!  
laugh.gif
 )  I spent more than one night on a thin foam pad sleeping under the crib.  I also learned nurses - & doctors - make mistakes & you can't assume anything.    
rock.gif

I realized Canden is an Aquarian so, of course he is cool! (I hope Mom & Dad are taking care of themselves, too!)

congratulations on the birth! my sister sara had a baby girl on the 28th
smile.gif

I sure hope your son gets well!
-spec

oops...
sad.gif
i just also learned speed readon can bite you in the rear... well, take lots of pics and cherish the time you have with him!
smile.gif
hopefully he will be different and live very long
smile.gif

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Talk about slow readers. . . well. I just noticed this thread. Now I know why I haven't been able to get you on the phone ...
rock.gif

Best wishes from Diana and I. Our prayers are with you at this time and always.

Joseph</span>

There is a reason God sent you this very challenged and gifted child. My wishes for a long and happy life.

Congratulations on your new son!

Im not good with words, but I just hope everything comes out ok for all of you!

In between all the madness and rushing I found time to post this picture.
candenmyfinger.jpg

Andrew

Last edited:
Andrew,
The pic says enough. Don't know whether to smile or cry.

Always was a softy.

This will be the last "update" on the subject. As today at 12:45 pm mnt std time our son passed away. We were ready to leave the house to go to the hospital (were there till 2.30 am this morning) and we received the call. "You may want to come here soon, he isn't looking too good." So, we were already out the door. 15 min drive. When we got there, they had the monitors off yet machines still hooked up. "His heart rate has fallen below a rate of which is good for him." So, he was removed from all machines and handed to us. We had family in and we all held him. The family then left and we bathed him and dressed him before our good byes. Good thing we already set up most of the stuff for his funeral and grave site set up fri of last week.
~Rest our son~
Andrew and Deangela

God, I am so sorry Andrew. :'( May he rest in peace forever. He will always be with you.

My deepest condolences.  I have no good advice.  Just let us - any of us - know if you need anything at all.  I am so sorry.
What a beautiful little hand.

His brief stay here has taught us all a little more of what it is to LOVE. I share your grief, and give you and Deangela my deepest condolences.

At your service {{{{{{Andrew}}}}}}}

My deepest condolences on the loss of your son bro.
sad.gif
  I know there are no words to ease the pain in a time like this so I wont try. Just know that I am here anytime you need someone to talk to.

Your friend always,
Steve

Sunni and I are sorry for your loss. Thank you for allowing us to share in yours sons life. You are in our thoughts.

My sincerest sympathy to you and your family. You will all remain in my prayers.

Andrew and Deangela,
My wife and I send our condolences and our thanks for sharing your son's life with us. Brief as it was, it has left a lasting impression in our hearts.

sad.gif

Steve

I wish I could tell you I know how you feel, but I can't. As bad as I feel right now, I know you feel alot more pain than I do.
Remember my offer, you have my number. If you need anything, please use it.
Your family will be in my thoughts tonight.

Wow. I'm sorry Andrew and Deangela. You have my admiration as fantastic parents.

Capslock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back