What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've recently divided some plants so I'm putting together one "Newbie Giveaway" to anyone 16 years or younger. (It's my son's 16th birthday today, hence the 16). And they must only have the token plant or two or none. I'll send these potted, so there'll be no start up problems. They have been growing outside on the deck for the last couple of months, so they can go right back outside without any major acclimation. Just send me the shipping that's on the box when you get it.

Dionaea muscipula ‘Low Giant’
Drosera binata "unknown" (my above mentioned son likes to sprinkle seeds around without labels, ugh) It's nice and red and currently has 4 forks.
Sarracenia purpurea ssp. purpurea

JoAnn

"no garden could flourish that was not constantly giving" — Henry Ellacombe

My 5 year old would love to have these!!

You got it. PM me your address.

pm sent. thanks very much

Thanks for the other giveaway :D Plants are healthy and the "doomed" D.peltata is mostly red now :D Most of the dews are flowering but the alicie and capensis and peltata.

I'm glad the plants are doing well Halt. That peltata will go dormant this summer, keep it dryer.

Sorry awgaupp, I sent out the plants this afternoon. It was for a beginner set.

Thead closed, good growing everyone.

Hey there J,
How generous of you to giveaway plants like that. Makes this old Granny's heart swell wiith pride to know there are such generous folk such as you out there.
LMO

Is it over? I would cherish this generosity forever!

very nice, jfoley. i think 3/4 of your posts are for giveaways! lol :)

awgaupp and Clue — I'll pm both of you this weekend. I'm sure I can find something for budding 12 year old horticulturalists. Although, you both have pretty nice collections going, but I know you'll pass the favor forward.

LMO and CPlantaholic — I'm just passing forward the generosity shown to me.

But now I really have to close the thread before I run out of spare plants.

Kaden said thank you for the plants JoAnn!!
IMG_5102.jpg

IMG_5103.jpg

As I was typing this the boys were looking for bugs to feed to them!!

Absolutely too cute. Tell Kaden he's welcome.

Back