What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NECPS hosting Stewart McPherson !

It's my pleasure to announce that the NECPS will be hosting STEWART MCPHERSON as a guest speaker at our annual cookout!

Stewart McPherson is a world-renowned geographer, explorer, conservationist, and authority on carnivorous plants who has studied at the University of Durham in England, the University of Tuebingen in Germany, and Yale University in the USA. Fascinated by carnivorous plants from an early age, he has traveled the world to study and photograph them in their native habitat, and is a best-selling author of five books on carnivorous plants. He lives in England and will be making a special trip to the USA in August.

Where: Black Jungle, 370 Avenue A, Turners Falls, MA 01376.

When: Sunday, August 30. Note: We will have a regular meeting on Saturday August 8th at the RWP, in addition to this cookout.

Who may attend: NECPS members, or those that will become a member at the meeting.

Itinerary: BOG WALK, PLANT SALE, COOKOUT, AND NEPENTHES PRESENTATION / BOOK SIGNING BY STEWART MCPHERSON

8:40am: Arrive at Black Jungle for optional bog walk, to see native carnivorous plants. Dress appropriately, bring sunscreen and insect repellant, and perhaps a change of clothes in case you get wet!

9am - 1pm: Bog walk

1pm - 4pm: Barbeque & Sale at Black Jungle's store. Comfort food and 25% off all plants!

4pm: Presentation on "Nepenthes" by Stewart McPherson. Stewart will talk about newly discovered Nepenthes and share some of his remarkable photographs.

Stewart will have copies of his most recently published books for sale, and will be happy to sign them! Feel free to bring your old copies for him to sign as well.

RSVP: If interested in attending this cookout, please PM me so that we can get the appropriate amount of food.

Packed with exciting activites for everyone, this is a meeting that you MUST attend![/B]

Thanks for your attention.

Best Regards,

Ken Sicard

Hiya Ken, where's the Bogwalk? 4 hours seems kinda long for Hawely... new spot?

Sounds real good! Hadta miss the last meeting unfortunately, must of been fun!

Wow, he must be making the rounds. He's supposed to come our LACPS meeting also in august

Wow, I can't miss this! I've missed the last two or three because of incredibly bad timing but this time there's nothing in the way. I hear it takes an hour or so to get to Hawley, so it'll probably be more like 2 or 3 hours there.

Matt,

I'm not sure what bog we'll be visiting, that's up to Mike & Richard to decide. They'll probably pay a visit to a few bogs and decide which is most accessible. We have had a very cloudy and rainy summer here in New England and several of the bogs I've been to have been flooded.

Larry,

I believe Stew will be with us the day after he pays a visit either to your society or to Jeremiah Harris. He's certainly on a whirlwind tour of the States, CP-society wise.

Best,

Ken

He must be taking a world-wide tour as he is going to be in New Zealand the week before coming to Los Angeles.

Yeah no kidding he's meeting with the BACPS also! Date is still yet to be determined!

Back