What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.klossi in propagation?

thez_yo

instigator
Randomly poking around looking for pictures of N.platychila because I can't wait until mine grows out of those tube-like lowers to those nice jacq-like uppers, I found this site. Now I don't know Japanese (I'm guessing that's what the characters on the site are in), I do know Nepenthes and those pitchers look mighty fine. Can't tell if that's actually outside or at the Nep farm with the same name as the title as that page ???

http://jcps2.hp.infoseek.co.jp/farm2.htm

Individuals have it in cultivation but as far as I know there are no plants being mass produced. It's possible, but I imagine that the supplier that accomplished this would be spreading the news.

yup! THose are pictures from MT. The great old MT of the past had the rarest of all nep species in their greenhouses when Chien Lee was involved. But it is unknown if these neps still exist and if they do have a breeding stock of them.

Good to know...not that I need more neps anyway :-))

Edwardsiana!!! :0o:

Klossi in commercial cultivation? (I wish)

By the way, I never knew vogelli looked like that.

Yes, now that N. edwardsiana is coming out, N. klossii represents the last "final frontier" of unobtainable Neps, at least to me. So... when is it coming out fellahs? LOL

w03: vogelii is very strange looking. It's like someone crossed aristo with a tenuis or something. :crazy: I can't decide if I love it or hate it. I'm sure one day I'll wake up and look at mine, and just be like :puke2: and just give it away.

swords: Yeah I'm not sure I want it *that* much, but I might give it a go after it's a regular seller. There's some that you'd pay an arm and a leg for, and some that you feel like buying a couple years after it's in the market. N.edwardsiana is something that I'd snatch at given the opportunity, and klossii is in that latter category.

Now what I really want is a N.pitopangii :-D

I guess we just have different tastes, N. aristolochioides is one of my faves and klossii is like a giant aristo, so I covet! :D

Why is it all the newly discovered Neps have this same "wine goblet" look about them, jamban, jacquelinae, flava, platychilla, vogelii... it's some sort of a conspiracy I think. LOL

@swords: i agree---it happens that the CP community is very much into the wine goblet figure these days. once when we move on to a different type of elaborate form, all of the sudden, new neps will appear on the market catering to that demand. hahahaha.

@thez_yo: you have it? well in case if you do decide to give it away, you can give it to me :D

N. pitopangii is THE realm of impossible plant to get I think at the moment. If there were klossi being sold I would probably think about getting one really quickly. I wouldn't mind seeing N. naga, N. attenboroughii or N. pitopangii.

I am glad that edwardsiana is finally in "mainstream" cultivation. :)

I am still looking forward to the day when more edwardsina is available. I mean there are enough seed grown individuals around now which are probably in the same age group. I think it is critical to free-dry and save edwarsdiana pollen and fertilize it with any female eddies out there to produce species seed of this species in cultivation. Yeah, hybrids with hamata/villosa might be enticing, but propogating this species in cultivation to self-sufficiently meet cultivation demands will represent a milestone in nepenthes cultivation. If I had a male and female, you could bet on your life that I would do that. Who wouldn't? :p The very thought of producing more seed in cultivation to increase the clone availability and perhaps refresh TC stocks is enough to please both collectors/begineers and meet their demands.

Back