What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vraev

Carnivorous plant enthusiast
Admin
Hi guys,

I always keep saying my grow space is limited. Well..it is packed and here are some pics of what one of the tanks is packed with:

Catopsis bertoniana seedlings an year old

5698157311_072ac4c314_z.jpg

Heliamphora pulchella Amuri tepui with nearly a 2" thick layer of live chilean sphagnum.

5698157557_05f104a895_z.jpg

Couple of helis

5698157763_82b9471e6e_z.jpg

5698158193_ce5f8936dd_z.jpg

Couple of neps

5698157951_c1119fbd93_z.jpg

5698730980_1cb3c85c62_z.jpg

Few different ceph clones .. all typical

5698731238_4f58d96c5e_z.jpg

5698731506_47c939f3fb_z.jpg

5698159299_76c7764fe6_z.jpg

Brocchina reducta

5698159045_18a837db27_z.jpg

N. campanulata with multiple offshoots....and a bit of trouble...the media needs repotting.....

btw..u can see 2 offshoots here. look closely in the centre of the moss

5698732110_be81a00584_z.jpg

but here is the problem

5698732292_51d7e01a52_z.jpg

How do I cut plastic pots without damaging this beautiful offshoot.

Now just other terrarium plants:

A "NOT" Mt. Roraima clone of U. humboldtii. I really need that one to compelte the effect

5698159831_23c85406ae_z.jpg

Osmunda regalis...I love this fern...but it has the potential to become huuuuge

5698732730_a4e0b23ae4_z.jpg

A complete aerial garden...no connection to the ground whatsoever. Always wanted this. Success!!

5698160339_96e0ae6297_z.jpg

A couple of other broms... once again...complete epiphytes.

5698160585_451104a644_z.jpg

Thats it for now.

thanks for looking,

Varun

btw..u can see 2 offshoots here. look closely in the centre of the moss but here is the problem How do I cut plastic pots without damaging this beautiful offshoot.

Nice, sharp, new blade X-acto knife and a vey steady hand. I've had to do this with some bonsai before that have been left too long in their seedling pots.

You got some beautifull plants :)
What is the red brom in the last pic ?
I'd go with some kind of sturdy scissors for cutting that pot, the plastic is quite brittle and the pieces between the holes will snap instead of stretch.
I cut up like 10 of these exact same pots to make smaller ones :p

Tres jolie!

Very nice plants and moss. do you layer it thick or has it just grown out of control for you ? :)

I thought royal fern was a temperate plant.

it is, it's pretty common in the woods here.

Such shots with such color!
Great growing, thanks for sharing! :love:

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah! I don't like the media in teh campanulata pot. I don't know why the leaves burn soo much. I know during winter it was due to the cold weather, but even now it continues. Interestingly, the side offshoot doesn't show this...suggesting too high light? Not sure.

Yeah...I am just trying to procrastinate reptting as the last time I repotted this plant, it took 1 y for it to come back to growing and pitchering.

You got some beautifull plants :)
What is the red brom in the last pic ?
er ones :p

thanks. It is a neoregelia fireball :)

Very nice plants and moss. do you layer it thick or has it just grown out of control for you ? :)

Nope! The moss has grown on its own. I just had a single pot where chilean dry LFS just grew on its own. I transplanted some to each of these pots and it just took over. I love the moss. :)

I thought royal fern was a temperate plant.

Yeah! I think it is...but it has a wide distribution range. There are various forms... and perhaps a form from one part (lets say...northern canada) is different in toughness to weather conditions from a form from New England.

Very nice Varun! You have quite the beautifuls setup. I really like the N. campanulata.

hahaha you should have asked me to take a plug for you. And one of those endemic bromeliads too. Oops did I just say that out loud? :lol: haha...im sure somebody somewhere has to have a clone of it....no I don't have one. :p

I absolutely adore the bromeliad with the stripes that the U.humboldtii is in. What kind is it? It's just... :love:

Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.

hahaha you should have asked me to take a plug for you. And one of those endemic bromeliads too. Oops did I just say that out loud? :lol: haha...im sure somebody somewhere has to have a clone of it....no I don't have one. :p

haha!! Yeah Jon...I always wanted to get some of those endemic tepui plants...not just CPs...the ferns, mosses etc. Unfortunately I guess its hard to find anything.

I absolutely adore the bromeliad with the stripes that the U.humboldtii is in. What kind is it? It's just... :love:

thanks Thez. Its a Guzmania patula or tricolor. Not sure 100%. Those are the two species in there. :)

awesome v :)

you're holding back old friend :p

How did I miss this?

Your probably one of the best Canadian gowers here Vraev... Your plants are outstanding. Especially that heli in the Sphagnum, I want some of that moss. :0o:

What camera do you use? The photos are extremely sharp!

Oh wow, Varun, outdone yourself again :O Those plants are trimmed to perfection! The pics are great, and don't get me started on the moss... :drool:

awesome v :)

you're holding back old friend :p

haha!! thanks B. Always trying to aim high...but sometimes maybe a bit too high. :p

How did I miss this?

Your probably one of the best Canadian gowers here Vraev... Your plants are outstanding. Especially that heli in the Sphagnum, I want some of that moss. :0o:

What camera do you use? The photos are extremely sharp!

Thanks Devon. lol. For sure! I can send u a small clump to get started with. :) The camera is Nikon D90 and the lens is Nikkor 60mm micro. The images have been touched very slightly in photoshop to bring out a bit of the details. (You can see the artifact if you look closely in the H. nutans pic...the black haze around the heli)

Oh wow, Varun, outdone yourself again :O Those plants are trimmed to perfection! The pics are great, and don't get me started on the moss... :drool:

Thanks pet. lol!! I hardly ever take the time to trim my plants. I avoid cutting off leaves unless they are fully crispy and dried. Thanks! This was the only moss that survived the time when I used to use RO water which was too high in nutrients. I am glad it is still alive and thriving. I try pretty hard to ensure that it is always wet and water the moss, but not the plant. :p

What a lot of Great plants! Nice growing.

What's the little Nep that's hanging with H. pulchella?

Thanks.

The little nep is a N. macfarlenii.

You have some very beautiful plants. I'd love to see a wide shot if its not too much trouble:).

5698731506_47c939f3fb_z.jpg

The coloring on this is insane.

Back