What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some really beautiful plants.

Snapped a few photos today that I thought I would share!

My largest N. glabrata's newest pitcher is about twice as large as all of its previous pitchers. I love this plant.
glabrata.jpg

Here's a full plant shot of N. glandulifera
glandulifera.jpg

N. sibuyanensis x (spectabilis x aristolochioides) starting to show some color.
sibuspecaristo.jpg

N. spectabilis
spectabilis1.jpg

N. spectabilis 'giant'
spectabilisgiant.jpg

Nothing special here but I thought this was a cool shot with a cluster of N. x ventrata and an N. x 'Miranda' pitcher all hanging together.
ventrata.jpg

I just got this plant so the pitcher wasn't grown under my care but it was very shapely nonetheless so I wanted to show it.. N. aristolochioides
aristolochioides.jpg

This new pitcher just opened today on N. ampullaria x sibuyanensis
sibuamp1.jpg

I think the peristome looks really cool on these before they expand and it flattens out.
sibuamp2.jpg

Cheers!
Matt

glandulifera... not seen everyday, and a very nice specimen indeed.
loving your highland plants as well. thanks a lot for sharing! glabrata and aristo look beautiful! since glabrata is doing so well for you, there's no doubt that aristolochioides will do well for you also.

Wow I've never seen an Aristo with that small of a mouth! Incredible plants!

Phenomenal plants. I can't wait until the spec 'Giant' grows up, those are monsters. I'm in love with the amp x sib, is it an intermediate? Those pitchers are huge. Congrats on the new aristo too!

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm hoping the aristo does well, its been one I've been wanting to grow for years. Currently, I grow all of these plants under the same highland conditions. I would definitely guess that the amp x sibu might grow faster under intermediate temps, but it produces healthy growth under the highland conditions. I've got some plans in the works to expand my growing area to include intermediate, lowland, and ultra-highland growspaces. I'm looking forward to growing some of my duplicate intermediate plants in the different areas to see how they respond.

Snapped some more photos today.

N. aristolochioides .. I'm very happy that this plant didn't skip a beat after being shipped. Its grown a new leaf rather vigorously and has inflated a new pitcher.

aristolochioides.jpg

Another shot of my favorite.. N. glabrata

glabrata.jpg

N. burbidgeae x platychila

burbxplaty.jpg

N. (eymae x (stenophylla x lowii)) x Trusmadiensis .. It's small but I'm liking the peristome already. Looking forward to seeing more in maturity.

eymstenlowtm.jpg

N. glandulifera .. This plant, although uncommon, grows vigorously. I love how the whole plant is "furry".

glandulifera.jpg

N. platychila .. starting to look quite handsome

platychila.jpg

N. talangensis .. This pitcher just opened yesterday.

talangensis.jpg

N. (ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x (spectabilis x northiana) .. Really enjoying the color on this.

ventsibuspectnorth.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Matt

Wow Matt! I am truly amazed with that aristo, its so cool! and I can see why that glabrata is your favorite

looking like they love your grow space,great growing Matt

Very nice! I love the hairiness of the glandulifera.

beautifully grown plants! keep them coming!

Very very nice growing Matt!

Spectacular plants Matt. Wow!! Beautiful.

Very well-grown, Matt. This is turning into a bookmarked thread.

Thank you all so much for the compliments! I love seeing all the well grown plants in your collections also!

Hello All!

Was working on expanding my growing areas today and took the opportunity to take some update photos of my newest pitchers.

N. alata

alata.jpg"

N. ampullaria x sibuyanensis

ampsibu.jpg"

N. burbidgeae

burbidgeae.jpg"

N. jamban

jamban.jpg"

N. lowii

lowii.jpg"

N. lowii x talangensis

lowiixtalang.jpg"

N. maxima uppers

maxima1.jpg"

maxima2.jpg"

N. muluensis x lowii

mululowii2.jpg"

N. robcantleyi

robcantleyi.jpg"

N. sibuyanensis x (spectabilis x aristolochioides)

sibuspectaristo.jpg"

N. spectabilis 'Giant'

spectabilisgiant.jpg"

N. spectabilis

spectabilis.jpg"

N. talangensis

talangensis.jpg"

N. tenuis

tenuis.jpg"

N. ventricosa 'Squat x Red'

venticosa.jpg"

Thanks for looking!
Matt

wonderful update matt :) that mulensis x lowii is such a fantastic plant. not jus tthe ptichers but the overall display.

tenuis, talangensis, jamban, spectabilis, maxima uppers, i love them all!

mind telling us how extensive this little expansion project is? how much space is being added in :)

cheers!

dang... that N. muluensis x lowii is shweet!
Have you ever shown pics of your entire setup? I'd love to see how it works and looks..

Your talangensis x lowii has a phenomenal color! I love how dark it is. Overall awesome, I agree with Myles. Love the grow area too, very well organized and presentable.

Back