What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks Like It's Gonna Be a LONG NIGHT

• Thread starter CN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    snow

CN

BANNED
Well it looks l;ike I will be up all night tonight .
I have already swept 6 inches of blowing snow off the top of the GH
In the Placement of my GH i did not take in to consideration of the blowing snow off the roof of the house .

2009_12240047.jpg

Thanks for looking

Daren

Well, maybe it'll be a good example for Drew. :)

Merry Christmas dude!

Too True Brok Too True...

I feel for you . Last week i was up every two hours all night keeping my green house clear, it was snowing about an inch an hour . i first had to shovel my to it then when i finished i would have to dredge back to the house. twenty five feet doesnt seem like a long way till you have to move the snow several times a night. we had forteen inches by day break, so it was good that i cleared it as it came down , it would have crushed the thing to the ground for sure.this was the morning after. see all clean.
DSC00651.JPG
the front yard see the bird bath it could only hold about 13 inches but its still ther now but down to maybe 10inches.
DSC00635.JPG

Oh no! Frozen neps! :-O

In my area, there is no snow; in fact, there wasn't even rain today.

OMG .....
So Far I have to go out an sweep at least 2 inches of snow an blowing snow off the top of the GH every 30 minutes .
An it's only 3am I need sleep Santa ...............sleep

If you arent actually using the greenhouse in the winter..if you are in a northern climate and dont heat it..
what about rigging a big tarp over the top?
so the snow slides off down to the ground..

put up two poles, one in the front and one in the rear of the greenhouse, slightly taller than the greenhouse..
run a rope between the poles..
the tarp goes over the rope, and forms a "tent" over the greenhouse..
the tarp doesnt not actually touch the greenhouse..
snow simply slides off the steep "tent" edges down to the ground..

yes, it would block light..and you would keep the tarp set up all winter,
but if you have no growing plants inside during the winter, blocking of light wouldnt be an issue..

Scot

Yep Everything i have left is in there al but my L/Ls

Back