What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am looking for the following seeds. I am making a bog garden in North Carolina.

I have used copies of
The Savage Garden by Peter Dmato
Carnivorous Plants by Adrian Slack

Looking for seeds of:

Drosera capensis (all forms)
Drosera intermedia
Drosera filiformis (not the tropical one)
Drosera rotundifolia
Drosera binata
Dionaea muscipula
Sarracenia flava
Sarracenia leucophylla
Sarracenia rubra
Sarracenia purpurea
Sarracenia alata
Sarracenia psstancia (no clue how to spell this one) psittacina!
Sarracenia oreophila
Sarracenia minor
Sarracenia hybrids/unknowns
Pinguicula lusticanica

And plants or seeds of
Any hardy Pinguicula
Any hardy Utricularia that spreads quickly
OR any other bog garden friendly carnivorous plant

Thanks,
Alex

You can make a bog garden with all those cps except the D.capensis because it doesn't need a dormancy, but the other cps need a dormancy.

join ICPS they have a very extensive seed bank!

PM me your address, I'll send you some D. intermedia seeds

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Feb. 19 2006,12:41)]join ICPS they have a very extensive seed bank!
I would agree with this statement.
I understand that if the conditions are not too harsh, D. capensis will come back from the roots, so it may survive season-to-season in a NC bog garden.

Cheers,

Joe

D. Capensis can survive subzero temps easily in MI so they should be suitable in a NC bog. Sunpitcher, I thought you lived in Las Vegas...?

i do. we bought a second house in north carolina this summer for my grandma.

Sunpitcher, PM your addy, I have a packet of D. capensis seeds that I was wondering what to do with....

Hello,

I am from Solomon Islands and wondering whether anyone in this forum knows of Carnivorous Plants species found in this part of the world.

Back