What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Just a quick greeting. I have been recently introduced to CP's through the UNCC gardens and Dr. Mellichamp. I just started this spring, picked up Savage Garden and constanltly refer to it. My collection is still small, but I grow outdoors see photos below. Love the sarracenias and drosera intermedia. I have grown orchids for several years and this is a nice distraction and as equally addicting. Thanks for the wealth of information and hours of reading I have yet to do. I look forward to your knowedge and expertise.

My Grow Space:
100_6300.jpg

100_6302.jpg

100_6303.jpg

Sarracenia 'Mardi Gras'
100_6298.jpg

A little Help on this one would be great ( I was told it was a Atlanta Botanical Garden Hybrid) I know names are hard to come by, but feel free to try.
100_6290.jpg

This One also needs a name if at all possible.
100_6294-1.jpg

Thanks For Looking.
T-D

That's quite a "small" collection. Welcome to TF! There is a wealth of info here.

Hiya, welcome to TF! They all look very nice! I can't help you on the first one, but I can see leucophylla and maybe rubra. It's hard to tell since it's an unknown hybrid. The second one is most likely S. x catesbaei

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

Hey there T_D
welcome to Terror Forums.
I think terra forums is a misnomer. cause of all the terryifying things these plants do to insects.LOL
I am one of the older folk on here,with only about 9 years total being invovled with carni plants.
LMO

Welcome to TF! Nice bog!

Nice! What part of NC are you from?
There are quite a few people on here in NC, including me.

:welcome:

Welcome aboard!

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the Welcome, I am in Charlotte. we have gotten quite a bit of rain in the last few days. It is a bit crazy. Not like Florida or anything but alot of rain.

Hi,

I was a student of Dr. M myself several years back. He was a great advisor for me. Once I started growing CPs from Dr. Mellichamp I was hooked. I used to work in the Gardens and Greenhouse. Good to hear of other folks from NC. Your plants look great!
There are some very knowledgeable people here and welcome to TF.

I thought a tornado was gonna hit us today. I live towards Chapel Hill and its been raining for like 2 days straight. NC needs it.

Welcome!

T-D,

Welcome!
We all have the same addiction, so you are in the right place!

:boogie:

Back