What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heartwarming story of Recovery

timbudtwo

Shoopdawoop
Well, you all know of those poor plants that you can find in the dollar store toppled over, and perhaps tramped on. Or inside a hardware store when the package says full sun. Well, the other day spending money that I should not have spent, I went into Home Depot and bought myself a ping and a sundew (adelae im pretty sure.)

Well, no matter how many times I would set up the drosera, it would just topple over. Being a little more aggressive it simply just lifted out of the sphagnum. The roots were about a cm long, if that. Expecting the worst, I tore off the majority of the leaves closer to the base and left the newer growth on, and I placed the leaves I tore from it on the sphagnum. Hope for the best right?

Yes, already about 2-3 days after I set the leaves on the moss, one has already shot up a few leaves! They are about 2 mm long albeit, but growing none the less. Maybe soon ill just have a pot full of these suckers! Pretty cool huh? I wish i could give pictures, but I don't have a point and shoot, and i do not have a macro ring or lens.

wow! 2-3 days?! lucky! ive never even rooted a leaf cutting...but adelae is so resiliant that you can just cut the whole visible part of the plant. leaving only the roots. the roots will sprout babies and youll have some that way too!

Alex

Back