What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giant $7 Cobra Plants

Okay guys.. here's the final update.

ALL twelve plants have been taken off of the shelf for us. They are no longer available to the public. However, there is an issue with our originally quoted price of half off. Everyone has been PM'ed individually..
Here is the current list as of now.. which may be changing after I receive response PM's.

**List is changing.. I will update it once the tally is in.
Again, I am truly sorry for the derr in price. The manager was trying to be nice, and was vetoed by the higher ups.

Last edited:
I still think that is a fair price for a nice specimen. Thanks for the update!

Still in for me....

As of now..

1. adnedarn
2. adnedarn
3. eou812
4. elgecko
5. elgecko
6. Baylorguy (Paid)
7. i<3carnivores (Paid)
8. Chezilla ~ awaiting response
9. Huntsmanshorn (Paid)
10. sarracenia
11. Lucanidae
12. Lucanidae

And again, I'm sorry everyone. If it makes you feel any better, I have to drive an hour each way just to pick them up. And I could've posted them for sale at $25-$30ea. on the other forums. But I'd rather share the wealth with everyone here. I'm still not making anything on this deal, unless you count friends and a couple new haters a profit.

Last edited:
So can we get some of the expert growers here to give some general tips on how to acclimate these guys from the humidity dome? Some initial thoughts... I think it would be too much of a shock to put them out with my Sarrs that are in the middle of dormancy. What about general growing tips? Everywhere I have researched has said they are a pain to grow... the Carnivorous plant FAQ even goes as far to say that it is best to use a cooling box to grow them.

From what I have read, I think I will be watering mine from the top morning and evening, and will use chilled water. Any tips are much appreciated!

1. adnedarn (Paid)
2. adnedarn (Paid)
3. eou812
4. elgecko (Paid)
5. elgecko (Paid)
6. Baylorguy (Paid)
7. i<3carnivores (Paid)
8. Chezilla
9. Huntsmanshorn (Paid)
10. sarracenia
11. Lucanidae
12. Lucanidae

If you've paid, but the list isn't showing such.. that means you haven't PM'ed me your shipping info. Which.. I need. I'll get the list updated as everything rolls in. Thanks!

Last edited:
1. adnedarn (Paid)
2. adnedarn (Paid)
3. eou812
4. elgecko (Paid)
5. elgecko (Paid)
6. Baylorguy (Paid)
7. i<3carnivores (Paid)
8. Chezilla
9. Huntsmanshorn (Paid)
10. sarracenia
11. Lucanidae
12. Lucanidae

If you've paid, but the list isn't showing such.. that means you haven't PM'ed me your shipping info. Which.. I need. I'll get the list updated as everything rolls in. Thanks!

This just in..
There are actually 14 plants available. As of now, the last 2 aren't spoken for. I am bringing all the plants home tomorrow, so if you want one of the last 2.. act fast. ($12.99 +$6 shipping ea.)

This just in..
There are actually 14 plants available. As of now, the last 2 aren't spoken for. I am bringing all the plants home tomorrow, so if you want one of the last 2.. act fast. ($12.99 +$6 shipping ea.)

13. Brokken

Sure, I'll take one Mass.

1. adnedarn (Paid)
2. adnedarn (Paid)
3. eou812
4. elgecko (Paid)
5. elgecko (Paid)
6. Baylorguy (Paid)
7. i<3carnivores (Paid)
8. Chezilla
9. Huntsmanshorn (Paid)
10. sarracenia
11. Lucanidae
12. Lucanidae
13. Brokken (Paid)
14. aaddaam

Last edited:
I'll take the last one.

You Lowes is better than mine!

i have 2 lowes equadistant from my home and none of those yet, mainly dormant vft, sarrsm and accasionaly random half dead nep. I usually go and get any that are dying, and nurse them back. I get them discount by simmply pointing out its dieing and get it for 1$. so far im 5/5 and havent lost any yet so..... all looks well.

i have 2 lowes equadistant from my home and none of those yet, mainly dormant vft, sarrsm and accasionaly random half dead nep. I usually go and get any that are dying, and nurse them back. I get them discount by simmply pointing out its dieing and get it for 1$. so far im 5/5 and havent lost any yet so..... all looks well.

That pretty well describes things my way!

1. adnedarn (Paid)
2. adnedarn (Paid)
3. eou812
4. elgecko (Paid)
5. elgecko (Paid)
6. Baylorguy (Paid)
7. i<3carnivores (Paid)
8. Chezilla
9. Huntsmanshorn (Paid)
10. sarracenia (Paid)
11. Lucanidae (Paid)
12. Lucanidae (Paid)
13. Brokken (Paid)
14. aaddaam

If you can give it conditions like a highland Nep, it's possible to overwinter them indoors. I traded a cobra to somebody who grew it successfully inside with their Neps for a couple years before I lost track of them.
~Joe

For what its worth- I have always had trouble with overwintering venus flytraps, and I had a few rescues with me at school. When the frosts came, I didnt have a good idea, so I just put them in a shady corner of my highland terrarium. They are actually in a nice dormancy right now, growing slowly and looking really good.

Every time I see this thread, I want to jump in my car and visit every Lowe's in the state. (It would take about 45 minutes...RI isn't very big! :p)

Every time I see this thread, I want to jump in my car and visit every Lowe's in the state. (It would take about 45 minutes...RI isn't very big! :p)
I cant do that. The ocean gets in the way. So just got one Lowes, one Wallyworld, one Home Despot....

PLANTS ARE IN!! I'll get picks for everyone this evening..

1. Lucanidae (Paid)
2. Lucanidae (Paid)
3. adnedarn (Paid)
4. adnedarn (Paid)
5. sarracenia (Paid)
6. Huntsmanshorn (Paid)
7. eou812 (Paid)
8. Chezilla (Paid)
9. i<3carnivores (Paid)
10. Baylorguy (Paid)
11. elgecko (Paid)
12. elgecko (Paid)
13. Brokken (Paid)
14. aaddaam (Paid)

Last edited:
Thanks again Mass!

Everyone has paid in full..
I will do my best to get them all out on Monday. It's just down to finding the boxes for shipping. Kind of a strange shape to accommodate. It shouldn't be a problem though.. I hope.

Back