What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get Ready For The Sixth Annual Necps Show!!

I found some of these from last year:

Terraformers at the show:
terraformers.JPG

Presto Feeding a VFT in front of the crowd
necps07085.jpg

necps07088.jpg

Quogue's Cobra Lily
necps07051.jpg

Jeff's Ceph Tank
necps07006.jpg

necps07031.jpg

Frank with his Truncata. You should see this guy's yard! The back of these shirts have a large color logo.
necps07035.jpg

necps07021.jpg

Dave's Award Winning Nepenthes macrophylla
necps07022.jpg

necps07023.jpg

necps07050.jpg

Dena's Panther Chameleon Striking a Pose in the First Conservatory
necps07103.jpg

Aack! Old pictures of me! Noo! I've lost almost 40 pounds since then, if you'll believe it...down to a nice healthy 150. ^_^

Sorry (to members as well as the curious) for the lack of information as of lately on the NECPS website. I've been rather busy with a nasty knee injury and the associated surgery and narcotics. But...all the details for the show are up now!

I hope some of you decide to make the trip...it really is a fun, amazing, fun, fun time!! And did I mention fun??

We bought out plane tickets already, we'll be flying out from Dallas for show. Now we just need to find a free place to stay (probably my at my brother's place in Boston). Unfortunately, bringing plants will be too difficult...so my big tub of aldrovanda won't be there :-(

See you all in a few weeks!

I'll be there, of course! Not a party without me. :banana2:
It was AWESOME last year...best CP show I've ever been to. I've only been to 3...but this one was the best.

We are having an NECPS meeting Saturday, 12:30 at the Botanical Center in Roger Williams Park, Providence, Rhode Island.

The focus will be on planning the show, but there will also be a CP display table and silent auction. Posters should be available too.

Also, THE BOOKS HAVE ARRIVED just in time for the show:

Glistening Carnivores - The Sticky-Leaved Insect-Eating Plants -
Hardback - McPherson
The seven genera of sticky-leaved insect-eating plants are uniquely
beautiful and captivate the interest of all who behold them. Each
produces shimmering leaves lined with glistening droplets of glue that
attract, trap and kill insects and other small animals. Complimented
by 279 spectacular images, this work examines all seven genera of
sticky-leaved insect-eating plants (Byblis, Drosera, Drosophyllum,
Ibicella, Pinguicula, Roridula and Triphyophyllum) and documents their
wild ecology and natural diversity in full detail and in many cases,
for the very first time.

Lost Worlds of the Guiana Highlands - Hardback - McPherson
The tablelands of the Guiana Highlands are among the most spectacular
yet least explored mountains of our world. Each is an immense
sandstone plateau known locally as a `tepui' that is encircled on all
sides by gigantic vertical cliffs up to 1,000 metres tall. The summits
of these unique mountains have remained isolated for millions of
years, and today harbour plants, animals and landscapes that occur
nowhere else on Earth. This work examines the story of the discovery
and exploration of these remarkable mountains and considers the unique
plants, animals and landscapes atop of these mysterious lost worlds.

For more details, please visit:
http://www.redfernnaturalhistory.com/books

Hope to see some of you at the planning meeting!

WildBill

Last edited:
Getting closer.....getting closer.....

Have the hotel reservations....travel plans all set.....

Most of the plants decided on.....

:boogie: :banana2: :woot: :rookwoot: :clap: :drool: :bigthumpup:

Have the hotel reservations....travel plans all set.....

Ditto. I'm stoked. It will be nice to put some faces to the names around here, lol. The only other CPer I've ever met was Lois when I was in California a year ago May. Look out!

xvart.

Hope you all have a wonderful time and safe trips!

I hope to be able to go to a CP meeting one of these days but it will have to be a tad bit closer to me than RI.

Yay for the NECPS!!! I'm excited and I'm not even going! lol

Y'all stop by the NASC booth and say hello to Dave and JC. :D

I'm gonna get me some of those posters too! They are awesome.

Love that TF photo...its a great group pic. Y'all don't look to bad for a bunch o' carnivorous plant addicts. hehe

awe man. i guess my post didnt...post. bleh.

awe look at our dysfunctional family =] ill be going this year again im pretty sure. ill be driving too. so im bringing lots more plans!! see you all there! and yea, TF meeting spot!!

Alex

Man, Glider! How long of a drive is that?

I wonder if there are any other Terraformers you could pick up along the way.

If you haven't already made a hotel reservation yet, last year my wife and I did the Priceline thing and wound up getting a really nice room at a hotel near the airport that was about 10 minutes away and we got a free breakfast too. I think we paid around 60 bucks. The show is actually closer to Providence/Cranston area rather than downtown Providence. The downtown area is likely to more expensive.

Since you are driving..... that means more room to bring plants home!

John said he'll be there setting up Friday, and for a short time as well on Thursday afternoon. The setup doors will be open at 7:30 am Saturday and I believe the doors to the show open at 11am. Schloaty usually goes up there Friday.

Even though today's was a planning NECPS meeting, there were some really nice things on display including a beautiful red N. ampullaria. Also some nice things in the silent auction - nice VFTs brought by Jeff, a couple of NECPS magnetic bumper stickers for the show, and I picked up a Heliamphora ionasi. I just can't wait to see what's available in the NECPS-only backroom silent auction at the show.

just bought plant tickets for RI! i can't wait!

This Necps Show sounds really neat sadly I used up my time off with going to Louisiana for my brother's wedding so I hope next year I'll be able to go it'd be nice to go to something like this.

wow guys I'm super jealous! I'd love to go and since I can't due to college and that whole thing ( who needs it !? haha ). So I'm putting it on all the TF members who ARE going to be there to snap so many photo's that I can sit here and pretend I'm really there!

its YOUR responsibility! or at least I'd love it if you could :)

can I vote for the meeting to be in KS next year? okay probably... well worth a shot guess I'll have to meet some people in new england so I can go next year!

wow guys I'm super jealous! I'd love to go and since I can't due to college and that whole thing ( who needs it !? haha ). So I'm putting it on all the TF members who ARE going to be there to snap so many photo's that I can sit here and pretend I'm really there!

its YOUR responsibility! or at least I'd love it if you could

can I vote for the meeting to be in KS next year? okay probably... well worth a shot guess I'll have to meet some people in new england so I can go next year!

I'm on it!

Back