What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera roseana (Pygmy Sundew) gemmae trade

I currently have a goodly number of D. roseana gemmae available and although I have been known to just give them away, I would like to propose a trade: I will send a package of between 40 and 50 ( yes, you read that right) in exchange for a rooted cutting of pretty much any variety of Nepenthes. It can be a species, a hybrid, something common, or an unlabeled mystery variety. ( no Hippo Plants, please! :-O )

Any takers?

I have some unrooted cuttings of a very vigorous Nep hybrid. They were just taken today. I think it's N. x mixta, or N. x mixta x maxima.

Last edited:
Good luck and don't wait too long to send those. Last time someone offered gemmae here and kept postponing to drop off the SASE the gemmae arrived covered in mold and partially dessicated :)
Of course he did not owe me anything, but it was sad that they were wasted.

Good luck and don't wait too long to send those. Last time someone offered gemmae here and kept postponing to drop off the SASE the gemmae arrived covered in mold and partially dessicated :)
Of course he did not owe me anything, but it was sad that they were wasted.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't harvest gemmae until the very morning I am going to the post office to send them. They don't sit around, I know better than that. But thanks for the suggestions :)

Back