What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera (petiolaris-safe) fungicide

Can anyone recommend a drosera-safe fungicide available in California that I can use on my drosera falconeri. Never had this problem until this year: I see hyphae and fruting bodies growing on the surface of the dried crowns. At first, I just removed the infected leaves and brushed with a light solution of isopropyl diluted with water but the mold continued to return. I need something a little stronger. Any recommendations (of a product that you've used yourself, know to work and be safe) would be recommended.

I'm pretty sure N-damp fungicide is ok.. but I'm not totally sure. Also I haven't seen no-damp fungicide for a while anywhere now.

have you attempted NEEM?

it can smell like a dead baby, but works for me pretty well, I did use too strong of a mix once though and nuked a lanata... or at least I thought. it was my first plant and I was kind of an idiot so it may have been in dormancy..

but since the dawn of cp awareness for me and not being a moron my use of NEEM has been a positive one...

oh gawd, i don't want to know why you know what dead babies smell like :p

neem smells like marinated meat to me..

What sort of meat are you talking about?! :-))

Neem Oil safe? From the label on the Garden Safe (Schultz) stuff:

HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
CAUTION
- Harmful if inhaled. Avoid breathing spray-mist. Causes moderate eye irritation. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Avoid contact with skin, eye or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum or using tobacco. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before use. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may caus allergic reaction in some individuals.

When your liver starts to fail or you get emphysema don't complain to me.

I've safely used Physan 20 and a sulfur-based fungicide on D. paradoxa. Both are available in California. I can't say how either will work with D. falconeri. YMMV.

Back