What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Being an American

• Thread starter Igrow
  • Start date
I got 80%

95%

I guessed wrong about the form for applying for citizenship. A question like that is just what we should expect of a bureaucracy. The INS thinks it's important that an American knows the code name of one of its friggin' forms. That's all that kept me from absolute perfection. Well, at least for that test.

I got 95%, I couldn't get the INS form one. yay I'm a citizen

85% I should probably take a half hour drive to the Canadian border and just stay there! :-O

95%

I got the form wrong too, which honestly I do not feel that bad about.

I officially got a 85% but when I looked at the answers I must have accidentally clicked the wrong answer to the number of supreme court justices since I missed that one and the answer was the one I thought I clicked.

xvart.

80%

I should probably take a half hour drive to the Canadian border and just stay there!

I've always liked hockey, and women that say "aboot". You know what I mean, ya hoser?

I got 100% my dad had talked to me about when his parents came over. I beleive they are still illegal. But they are so old now I dont think it matters to them (but it does to my dad)

I scored 90%. I got the voting amendment and naturalization form questions wrong. I never had to do the latter so...whatever.

Well I sucked at that. 60% lol

However, in my defense, history/government was one of my worst subjects in school. I don't know if its related, but I always had poor teachers in that subject. Geography was my other worst subject. I'm lucky if I know where VA is located. :-/

Another 80% , don't boot me ya hosers, ehh !

I know I did well enough without taking it online - I passed it about 10 years ago in order to become a citizen. Frankly, it's embarassing how many Americans do poorly on it, and I feel that automatic voting rights by birth should be repealed - passing a test like this should be mandatory.

Mokele

Looks like I beat you all! A big fat 40%. Oh yeah!

But I wonder what the significance of knowing the exact year the constitution was written, declaration of independence adopted, etc. is. I never liked memorizing dates.. :lac:

You don't need to know the exact year the constitution was written. My guess would have been earlier if it were a fill-in-the-blank question, but it was a multiple choice question and the year clearly couldn't have been any of the other possible choices. I knew the Declaration of Independence was 1776 but, again, someone with even a rudimentary knowledge of US history should have been able to pick it out of the four choices.

I'm not big on memorizing numbers either, but 1776 (like 714), is a number central to being American. Anyone who doesn't immediately know the significance of each should immediately go to INS and register as a resident alien. Even ignoring the number questions, I agree that a lot of questions are just trivia. Some are important, such as who has the power to declare war and who selects Supreme Court justices. But I think it's less important that people know how many Supreme Court justices there are than that they understand the travesty of the Supreme Court's decision to halt the 2000 Florida vote recount.

Back