What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AP college coarses..... online!

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
My mom wants me to do AP college coarses online since i've got so much free time even after my highschool stuff. What do you guys think? We aren't talking like calculus, just like college history, government, and english.

I NEED to do some community service for my application. What should I do? No nursing homes.

..yeah no, don't think that counts
smile.gif

We don't have a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen in our town. I'd have to commute.

You could work at Good Will like how i did whenever i did community service hours

Is there a local Boys and Girls club? Or a humane's society that you could walk dogs?

xvart.

i think helping in the community garden counts

Would they let me in a boys and girls club? I'm not going to go back into the closet, and if they won't let me that's total BS. What do they do there anyway?

They should let you in, you're not a criminal.

Take the courses online! Anything to avoid having to take the introductory college courses is worth it. You'll get to jump right to the much more interesting higher level courses!

Capslock

I guess that would leave more time for partying in college too... hehehee

Take the AP courses! I regret not taking more AP courses when I was in high school. I only took AP Stats and AP Spanish, but I had the chance to take lots more. Now that I'm in college I am stuck in boring History of the Americas and Political Science Classes that review the same material my high school classes did!!

You can also attend your local library to do community service there. That's what I did. It's boring, but it works.

I'm seriously considering doing that. That would be easy

I only go to school 3 hours a day and i'm almost done with this grade. I really have no excuse not to do it, i'm just lazy as hell.

One thing to watch out for, make sure the college you are going to attend accepts the AP credits that you are taking. Not all colleges do and if they dont then its a waste of time and money.

As for community service do you have a local museum close by? they often will take any help they can get and I am pretty sure it counts as community service, especally if your only looking at it for college as museum = Learning or atleast in theory it does.

Nope, we live in the mountains lol.

I'm already taking 2 AP classes in my Freshman year!

If I finish and graduate i can already have like a semester and a half of college behind me:;):

I think you're better off saving college classes for college. As many have already suggested, do some volunteer work if you think you have too much time on your hands.

I forgot the most important question, Do YOU want to take the classes? If not dont because you will not put the time and effort into them that you should. If so, I disagree with those who say you should wait, you can get some basics out of the way and help get yourself used to college level classes before you have 4 or 5 of them at one time. I wouldnt take more than say 1 but If you really want to and are doing it for yourself then you should do it.

I think i won't take more than one and take something easy. I think I finished English XI in about a month so college level shouldn't take me more than 2 or so. I dunno.

homeschool is great because there's no busy work and everything is online. It's totally sweet.

I definitely recommend taking AP classes; I took a total of 10 during high school, and it really helped by getting me ahead and out of the intro courses.

Mokele

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I guess that would leave more time for partying in college too... hehehee

Actually, you'd have less time. The idea is to skip intro classes with the AP credits. So after the intro classes you get the harder classes (cover more specific topics.) So, um, that'll take more time.
tounge.gif

I took... Pretty much every AP class my school had to offer except for AP Spanish and Stats (only offered 0 period, which wouldn't have worked out for several different reasons.) ONLY TAKE AP CLASSES THAT YOU'RE INTERESTED IN.

Back