What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. bicalcarata one year ago:
IMG_1583.JPG_595.jpg

Now:
IMG_2836.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG

Seed grown N. ampullaria one year ago (Not 'green'):
IMG_1771.JPG_595.jpg

Now:
IMG_2835.JPG

N. 'Black Dragon' one year ago with no growth tip:
IMG_2097.JPG_595.jpg

Now:
IMG_2831.JPG_595.jpg

N. albomarginata 6 months ago:

IMG_2374.JPG_595.jpg

Now:
IMG_2834.JPG

Couple pictures from today:

N. truncata
QoH x KoS

IMG_2826.JPG

N. (ventricosa x X Tiveyi) x truncata
IMG_2829.JPG

IMG_2828.JPG

N. splendiana x mixta
IMG_2833.JPG

N sanguinea x truncata

IMG_2839.JPG

IMG_2838.JPG_595.jpg

N. maxima 'Dark' x talangensis
IMG_2827.JPG

N. maxima x X 'Trusmadiensis'

IMG_2840.JPG

IMG_2841.JPG

N. splendiana x truncata

6 months ago:
IMG_2376.JPG_595.jpg

Now:
IMG_2843.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2844.JPG

IMG_2845.JPG

great progress! love them! especially the N. splendiana x mixta!

that's amazing just to see how the plants progressed so far. keep up the good work! i hope my plants end up looking like that with a year's work

Very nice! What soil and conditions are you using for the albomarginata? I have some seedlings that are growing, but very slowly. I have had them for about a year and they went from 1cm to 1in in that time.

gorgeous plants :) is that the maxima x talangensis from me?

Wow! It sure looks like you're doing something right (or a bunch of stuff right!). Cool idea showing the 2 pics - one year ago & today. What size pot do you have the black truncata in?

Thank you Devon and Amhpirion.

Dashman: The mix this one is in is orchid bark and peat moss. It's a fairly compacted mix which I let dry more so then my other pots. It's the only mix different than my usual LFS/perlite mix. I've also used the coffee fertilizer method and both growth points have really taken off since.

SK: Yup sure is man,You sent me some quality stuff :)You should see the plant as a whole, I never it would do well with my conditions. The tendrils on this thing are long! I added pics of the maxima x trusmadiensis you sent as well. It's slower but it's starting to look really nice.

RL: Thanks, that pot is a 3in pot. The plant came in it and was uprooted by accident when I opened it. I repotted and watered it like my other plants and it never flinched. As someone said in another thread, this little guy is comparable to N. ventrata in terms of growth and speed. Cant wait to see it color up.

Very nice plants there. Wish I could get my albo to progress like you have with yours. That max x trusa has one sweet peristome!

wow man outstanding job with those 2 from me :D the maxima x xTM looks alot like mine does at this point, and my maxima x talangensis is about 10" in diameter now and already has a small basal but the peristome is way different. absolutely love yours man, congrats :D

did i give you the splendiana x maxima? or was it splendiana x truncata. love it though. gives my seedlings something to look forward to! the albo and sang x truncata are doing great for you! much better than for me anyways. looking good man!

Alex

Thank you Greg. Like I mentioned above the coffee has a lot to do with the progression. It takes a majority of the credit for many of my plants.

SK: I can only hope to see a basal from mine sometime soon then! Do you have any pics of yours? I would love to see what yours are looking like. This one is in a 6 1/2 inch pot.

IMG_2847.JPG

Alex: If remember right the splendiana x mixta was from Joseph but the splendiana x truncata seedling was from you. ISee the bottom of the first post for the pics :) it's really put on some size and I had to repot it about 2 months ago. The sang x trunc has become of my favorite plants, the peristome and pitcher color are just great. You can see the 2 basals I was telling you about in that first pic. Lemme know if you've got room on the grow rack you're trying to fill ;)

Yann, your plants look great; nice to see the progress over time. Thanks for sharing.

nice :D it must like the warmer temps, mine is in ultrahighland conditions right now. but growing very well. ill get pics later for you :)

In another year that bical's not going to fit in that terrarium! Great plants, they're growing rapidly. Coffee? What brand?

Keith: Thank you, it feels like I just received the ampullaria. I cant believe it's already been a year!

SK: Cant wait to see them!

Nepfreak: I've trying to decide what I'm going to do when it gets too large. There's a rafflesiana in there with it right now about the same size. I was thinking of building a square terrarium out of plexiglass. We'll see, so many options so little time lol

Ok here we go Yann.
Maxima x talangensis pitcher
Neps1-8-09010.jpg

the plant
Neps1-8-09006.jpg

and a maxima x xTM pitcher
Neps1-8-09020.jpg

Very nice, I like the look of yours better. It has a more compact look then mine (and a basal XD). Thanks for the pics man.

Edit: Ok I may have spoken to soon, after watering mine today I found a little basal poking it's head out. BTW do you happen to know if it's a male or female Kris?

they are seedgrown Yann, so im not sure....sorry man

Back