What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what plants are these

Hi. New to forum and have a few plants I would like some help to identify. I tried to rotate on photobucket but the are still on their side ???

Nepenthes 1
5a.jpg

5.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nepenthes 2
3.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nepenthes 3
4.jpg

4a.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarracenia

9.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drosera
(smaller round one)
d.jpg

Nepenthes I know for nothing but the Sarracenia is S. minor and the small Drosera is D. burmannii probably from Beerwah, QLD. It could also be Drosera sessilifolia but considering your location D. burmannii is more likely. If there are hinges on the marginal tentacles then it's D. glanduligera

Nepenthes I know for nothing but the Sarracenia is S. minor and the small Drosera is D. burmannii probably from Beerwah, QLD. It could also be Drosera sessilifolia but considering your location D. burmannii is more likely. If there are hinges on the marginal tentacles then it's D. glanduligera

I Googled Drosera burmannii and the Pictures that came up look like it. Beerwah is only 2 hours from me though I Grew them from seed I bought from Melbourne.

As it gets bigger the leaves always stay round not longer but gets more layers and some times more red. I had a whole tray of them about 60 but i tried to but them in a closed fish tank and 2 days later they were all dead. they are starting to grow back now must have been some seed still in container. I kept it wet in hope something would grow back.

Another Nepenthes I dont have a tag for
Nepenthes 4
2.jpg

The 1st Nepenthes is 'Black Knight' . The 2nd one might be 'Judith Finn'. Not sure on the 3rd one. The Sarracenia is S. minor. The Drosera is either D. sessifolia or D. burmanni.

The third nep looks like Red Leopard to me.

# 3 looks like maxima X ventricosa but, maybe with something else in the mix as well.

Third Nep is a Red Leapord, the first might be N. X Gothica or Black night (most likely black night)
The Sarracenia is S. minor...
And the drosera is most likely D. Burmanii

no idea what the third Nep is..

The 1st couldn't look any less like X Gothica. I just looked it up and 'Red Leopard' is ventricosa X maxima so, I'd agree with that.

Nepenthes 1: Black dragon
Nepenthes 2: looks a lot like x Miranda
Nepenthes 3: Red leopard
Nepenthes 4: maxima hybrid, beyond that I have no idea of parentage

Thank you for all the help.

It is nice to know what type they are so I can buy more and not get the same one :p

Found these growing in my pots. Are they Utricularia? If so what type are they.

I have 2 of them in different pots. 1 is 100mm above the surface and the other is about 150mm high. The leaves are small as per photo. I will try to take a better photo.

IMG_8050.jpg

IMG_8052.jpg

3-1.jpg

Does anyone have Utricularia subulata? It kinds looks like what I have.

That is U.subulata. The little green sundew looks like D.burnamii and a few mini D.capensis next to it.

Thank you for your help. The Drosera are D. burnamii and D. Capensis

Back